Spiritualized Gigs (1 Viewer)

I saw them in their prime. In the tivoli on the first album tour. Saw them a few more times after that, they got worse every time.

Wasn't the Tivoli show 'Pure Phase'? Rhetorical question-of course it was-I have the t-shirt from that gig.

They played the Rock Garden in support of 'Lazer Guided Melodies' a few years prior to that. That's was a cool show as well.

They were brilliant at Electric Picnic. And i was lucky enough to see them on the Ladies and Gentlemen tour.... definitely one of the best gigs i've been at.How good was "Broken Heart" on that tour?
By the way, have any of you heard the live stuff from when they were supporting Neil Young? There's four tracks on the b-side of "Electricity" and they're absolutely amazing.

I saw them in the red box, 97 or 98....all I remember is it being a total wall of noise. His vocals are usually bad live as well, not that you could hear them that night.

The new album "Songs in A&E" leaked over the weekend. Any one else hear it? Not bad on first listen - probably the best thing since Ladies and Gentlemen..." but nowhere near as good as that.

"yeah yeah" & "you lie you cheat" are great, rest is ok but kinda dull. j's voice sounds well fucked too. think spiritualized have been trading water live & on record since about 1993....were amazing before that.

" think spiritualized have been trading water live & on record since about 1993....were amazing before that.

Not a fan of "Ladies and Gentlemen...."? I still think that's an astonishing album and they were great on that tour.

Not a fan of "Ladies and Gentlemen...."? I still think that's an astonishing album and they were great on that tour.

its good in places. the first lineup, (basically spacemen3 without sonic) were the ticket both live & on record (the first 5 eps are amazing)...once he dumped them circa purephase it been pretty patchy since IMHO. although each lp always has a couple of killer tracks.

I think the first four records are all amazing in their own right, only Amazing Grace seems a bit patchy to me (despite still having some great tracks). I haven't heard the new one yet, will wait until it's being released... can't wait to see them live anyway.

I saw them in their prime. In the tivoli on the first album tour. Saw them a few more times after that, they got worse every time.

They played The Rock Garden (early 1992) and Ed Burke Theatre (Trinity Ball May 1992) before the Tivoli show.

on their prime (saw them first in that tivoli gig - which was 1993 believe it or not) they were simply one of the top 5 gigs any man will ever experience. it has been mostly downhill since ladies and gentlemen but i'm very excited by threads saying its their best work since... any albums that comes within pissing distance of lsg and ladies & gents has got to be very good

They were great in te Nerve Centre in Derry a few years back. Bet none of ye were at that. :p

New album sounds pretty good on first listening. Got my ticket for Tripod too, can't wait now. Saw them 3 times already.

new albums is alright on first listen, need more time with it.

The respirator sound on Death Take your fiddle is cool, sitting on fire sounded better live, Baby I'm just a fool is great

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back