spirituality (1 Viewer)

typical. does no one else feel a void in their lives which could seemingly be filled by some sort of blind faith and ensuing spirituality? or is everyone just happy all the time?

hag said:
typical. does no one else feel a void in their lives which could seemingly be filled by some sort of blind faith and ensuing spirituality? or is everyone just happy all the time?
i fill it with cock. er, i mean, intellectual excitement.

Super Dexta said:
i fill it with cock. er, i mean, intellectual excitement.
so i guess you're kind of like peaches then? do you think she's happy when she turns out the lights are the bogey man comes? what happens when the cock stops making you happy?

ok, let's kick it off then...

are the dreams and expectations you're fed as a child responsible for depression and lack of inspiration in later life? as in, when you find out all the stuff about love and lambs isn't actually true... and your brain has to deal with the fall-out... who is to blame? and can ultimate happiness only be reached through blind faith in something you know isn't true? but to shut your brain up, you just believe it anyway? well?

hag said:

are the dreams and expectations you're fed as a child responsible for depression and lack of inspiration in later life? as in, when you find out all the stuff about love and lambs isn't actually true... and your brain has to deal with the fall-out... who is to blame? and can ultimate happiness only be reached through blind faith in something you know isn't true? but to shut your brain up, you just believe it anyway? well?
i get the happinesss from real stuff. like friends and muzak and films and bukes and science and pizza and writing essays that get high marks. yep.

Super Dexta said:
i get the happinesss from real stuff. like friends and muzak and films and bukes and science and pizza and writing essays that get high marks. yep.
do you never think there's something more though? sometimes friends and science pizza aren't enough... what happens when you come face to face with your soul? are you going to offer it a slice of pepperoni? essays that get high marks? academia makes for a poor religion. they're all stupid in college.

hag said:
do you never think there's something more though? sometimes friends and science pizza aren't enough... what happens when you come face to face with your soul? are you going to offer it a slice of pepperoni? essays that get high marks? academia makes for a poor religion. they're all stupid in college.
no, cos i'm vegetarian. i don't think a have a soul anway.

If this year has taught me anything, it's that I don't know very much. And thinking that I do makes life a lot harder than it is.

hag said:

hag said:

I find all that love and lambs stuff rather shallow to begin with. The world, the universe and our place/function in it is a much much more complicated, interesting and deeper subject. I can't imagine what it would be like if i wasn't interested in learning more on theories as to what its all about, everything from aztec astrology to physics to mythology and buddhism.
I'm not going to pretend i'm a buddhist, but i think why it can be interesting is that it encourages this questioning, its not a religion or belief.
I suppose if you don't have any curiosity then maybe finding out your prescribed religion is a lie, then yes, it would leave a void.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I am emerging out of my judgemental twenties. It was some ride and boy i was sooo wrong.
My twenties have been more roaring than judgemental.
I'll be quitting booze in my thirties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back