Sparklehorse (1 Viewer)

Yeah. The set was great but far too short. Perhaps those MCD bastards were snapping at his heels to get off.

T'was cool to here him dusting off so many old tunes, though.

I like Sparklehorse but that last gig in the Ambassador. Most *BORING* gig ever. I was picking at my eyeballs after about four songs.

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2
I like Sparklehorse but that last gig in the Ambassador. Most *BORING* gig ever. I was picking at my eyeballs after about four songs.

Thats a bit rough now in fairness!
It was rather surreal though!

It was nice to hear the older stuff alright but Its a Wonderful Life is one of my favourite LPs ever and sadly we didn't get a lot of that. Maybe he just wanted to get backstage with Gemma as quick as possible...

ah shite, so they played loads of old stuff. I missed it. I think Wonderful Life is crap compared to the other two albums.

Did they play Happy Man?
Did they play Someday I will....?

The last olympia gig was deadly, whelans was kind of boring and The ambassador was rubbish.

Yep. I reckon Vivadixie... and Good Morning kick the ass of It's a wonderfull life.

Happy Man? He NEVER plays that tune (bastard)
He did play a version of Someday.. which was really cool with just bass backing track and live drums and guitar

He also played 'Heart of Darkness' and 'It's a sad and beautiful world' which made it for me

:)

I heard twas just him and a drummer, kicken it old JOA skool...

now that sounds impressive

pity no sign of Daniel

Originally posted by Anthony
whelans was kind of boring and The ambassador was rubbish.

Whelans was great, bar that it was a WITTLLESSS gig and full of fuckwits who hadn't paid in and had no idea who was playing.

But when he cut thru the shit he ruled

I didnae like Wonderful Life either, Good Morning Spider is where its at

Originally posted by Pantone247
Whelans was great, bar that it was a WITTLLESSS gig and full of fuckwits who hadn't paid in and had no idea who was playing.

But when he cut thru the shit he ruled

I didnae like Wonderful Life either, Good Morning Spider is where its at

The very first time in Whelans was probably one of my favourite gigs ever. Not Witnness bullshit, big crowd, but all of them shutting the fuck up for the quiet songs.

Originally posted by Unclealo
but all of them shutting the fuck up for the quiet songs.

you were nae up in the balcony Unclealo my son,

some Hawaian shirted loon made sure everybody got to enjoy his witty and insightful chit chat with his other Hawaiian shirted chum, despite the best efforts of the rude cowboy on stage and his attempts to ruin it for eveyone by playing play tunes!

In fairness I was asking for it going up to the balcony

Originally posted by Pantone247
you were nae up in the balcony Unclealo my son,

some Hawaian shirted loon made sure everybody got to enjoy his witty and insightful chit chat with his other Hawaiian shirted chum, despite the best efforts of the rude cowboy on stage and his attempts to ruin it for eveyone by playing play tunes!

In fairness I was asking for it going up to the balcony

This happen last night?

"almost too quiet"
in fairness the drummer and the sound engineer must have been cohorts, they were both relatively shit. but i do like sparklehorse, i do , i do , i do!!!

Originally posted by Unclealo
Yep. I reckon Vivadixie... and Good Morning kick the ass of It's a wonderfull life.

Happy Man? He NEVER plays that tune (bastard)
He did play a version of Someday.. which was really cool with just bass backing track and live drums and guitar

He also played 'Heart of Darkness' and 'It's a sad and beautiful world' which made it for me

:)

what time did it go on until?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back