Spacemen 3 Reunion (sort of...) (1 Viewer)

wow! amazing stuff. saw spectrum a while back doing suicide, revolution etc., but not walking with jesus. seen spiritualized doing wwj in the past but this sounds waaaay better - and it's jason's tune (afaik).

fingers crossed they go on tour with this band.

Did Spectrum play Walking With Jesus at ATP last year or did I imagine it? They were bloody great anyway.

You had me there for a second! I thought Walkin With Jesus was a Jason song too - Spiritualized always play it. Would love to see Spectrum

I like this Spectum track/cover. In fact its my morning alarm call.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anybody any idea where one might get a Spacemen 3 t-shirt? Was looking at the vistaprint website where you can design your own t-shirt and it seems reasonable. Would rather just buy one normally though.

Anybody any idea where one might get a Spacemen 3 t-shirt? Was looking at the vistaprint website where you can design your own t-shirt and it seems reasonable. Would rather just buy one normally though.

Urban Outfitters? They're the source for most of the sales of Ramones and Sonic Youth Goo cover shirts anyway.

Ohh, that might have seemed bitchier than I meant it. Urban outiftters often sell shirts of cool older bands is what I meant. No diss on you wanting one.

But if you were a person did buy a goo short from them there's an 85% chance that you're an arsehole.

alexa-chung-and-sonic-youth-white-goo-shirt-gallery.jpg

Damnit I Is John, always getting me in bother..

I've never bought anything in UO's but if they sold a Spacemen 3 t-shirt i have to say that i would.

I've wanted one for years. So does that mean that if you wear a t-shirt of a band you like you're at the height of fashion? If that's the case then sweet, i'm moving to London.

But if you were a person did buy a goo short from them there's an 85% chance that you're an arsehole.

attachment.php

ha!

@Alexa Chung,

I love you, even though i'm just not that into Sonic Youth

sincerely,

I is John

Yep. Sonic Boom (aka Peter Kember) has Kevin playing on some/one of his E.A.R. album(s). I haven't heard it myself mind.

Surely the novelty of Kevin Shields playing with other people has worn off. He's only doing it to avoid settling on a final remastered version of Loveless.

Yeah but is there any chance of them making new music together ? or Kevin Shields making any new music ever ? Why am I asking this, I should just head to boylesports and put a tenner on him having an album out by the end of the decade i'd probably get 3000-1 on that.

In the meantime, Spiritualized will be playing Vicar Street in October

http://www.state.ie/news/27133-spiritualized-tour-details

Spiritualized will play a series of dates in the UK & Ireland later this year before their previously announced show in London’s Royal Albert Hall.
Jason Pierce and co will play Vicar St., Dublin on Friday October 7th, tickets are priced at €31.50 and go on sale tomorrow morning, Friday April 1st, at 9 am from Ticketmaster. Full tour dates below.
The seventh studio album from the band is due on Domino imprint Double Six, no other details have been announced.
Tour Dates:
Sept 13th – Hertfordshire, Standon Calling
Oct 5th – Leamington Spa, Assembly Rooms
Oct 6th – Edinburgh, Queen’s Hall
Oct 7th – Dublin, Vicar St
Oct 8th – Manchester, Academy
Oct 9th – Bristol, Academy
Oct 11th – London, Royal Albert Hall

Here's one dedicated to Pete (Sonic Pete, not our Pete!)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah Spiritualized are always pretty dear yet I too will pay to see them. Must have seen them about 6 times by this stage and never have I been disappointed. Always amazing.

To look at it another way, 20 quid cheaper than Grinderman, PiL and QOTSA to name three bands playing here soon. I'm pretty sure it was about 30 euro to see them in Vicar Street back in 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back