South American Football Thread (1 Viewer)

tasty goals from the real Ronaldo here.
They seem grand on first glance but watch the slow-mo for the real detail!

Goal 1
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Goal 2

Corinthians win the league but the trophy goes on fire!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81FK48OwVxY"]YouTube - Football Trophy Sets On Fire After Corinthians Win Brasilian League[/ame]

A 12-year-old boy made his first division debut in Bolivia, the youngest ever to play in South America.
Mauricio Baldivieso, who turns 13 on Wednesday, came on as a substitute for the last nine minutes of Aurora's match away to La Paz, a 1-0 defeat, in the Clausura championship at the weekend.
"I'm very proud, he's got a lot of talent," said the boy's father, Aurora coach and Bolivian 1994 World Cup midfielder Julio Cesar Baldivieso.
Baldivieso senior, in the stands serving a suspension, was much less happy though with the rough marking by Henry Alaca that left his son in tears, calling the defender a criminal and slamming the referee for not booking him.

A 12-year-old boy made his first division debut in Bolivia, the youngest ever to play in South America.
Mauricio Baldivieso, who turns 13 on Wednesday, came on as a substitute for the last nine minutes of Aurora's match away to La Paz, a 1-0 defeat, in the Clausura championship at the weekend.
"I'm very proud, he's got a lot of talent," said the boy's father, Aurora coach and Bolivian 1994 World Cup midfielder Julio Cesar Baldivieso.
Baldivieso senior, in the stands serving a suspension, was much less happy though with the rough marking by Henry Alaca that left his son in tears, calling the defender a criminal and slamming the referee for not booking him.

Pity he is 12 and already a diving pr1ck!!!

Cracking Header from about 45 yards from Martin Palermo.

That guarantees 48-year-old Marty Palermo's place in all future (2) Maradona squads ahead of Higuain and whoever else.
Nice finish.

i like the way none of his team have much of an interest in him. he's off doing his thing long after the goal, meanwhile back on planet football match....

Did anyone see the Argentina Vs Preu game on Saturday??? It was bananas !!!

As told by the Guardian's minute-by-minute thingy:

88 min "Please tell Steven that it's precisely because so many of us love Maradona and think he's one of the untouchable world's bests, that it's actually painful to see this debacle," says Melissa F. "From myth to monstro in no time at all. It's quite sad."

GOAL! Argentina 1-1 Peru (Rengifo 90) I can hardly see a thing but Peru have equalised! Rengifo, the substitute, heads a careful, placed cross into the net from three yards. He was criminally unmarked, but I don't know who put the ball in to him. It's honestly that hard to see. This is amazing, and Argentina have got what they deserve for their stupidly defensive tactics.

GOAL! Argentina 2-1 Peru (Palermo 90) Martin Palermo has won it for Argentina in the third minute of added time, and Maradona does a bellyflop in the rain! Argentina had eight men in the box and, with the Peru keeper out of the game, Palermo turned in a deflected cross from a couple of yards. He looks offside, but I'd like to see a replay to be sure. Amazing stuff.

maradonaslide3.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back