South American Football Thread (1 Viewer)

BonsaiSuperstar

said i would start one of these cus great stuff always happens there.

This weekend (yesterday) in the Argentinian League (Aperatura), 4 teams could win it on the last day!

1. San Lorenzo 36
2. Tigre 36
3. Boca Juniors 36
4. Lanus 34

*River Plate are bottom for the record!

GD doesnt count in Argentina, a play off is needed if teams finish level.

i was flicking around the streams last night and noticed the Argentinian Stations were doing updates of all 4 games at once, but i didnt realise what was afoot as i havent been very tuned into the league this season.

The results were:

Argentinos Juniors 0 - 1 San Lorenzo

Boca Juniors 3 - 2 Colon

Lanus 1 - 0 San Martin de Tucuman

Tigre 1 - 0 Banfield

meaning that there will be a 3 way play off this week between San Lorenzo, Boca and Tigre!

River Plate finished bottom but wont get relegated as relegation is determined by points average over 3 seasons.

i tried doing the argie league in championship manager once. melted my head.

And to top it off, it's a cage match!

I was at Boca v River in October. Incidentally.

Myself and Bonsai Superstar were discussing the halcyon days of Argentinian football on Screensport the other day. Well, we were just listing teams, really.

And to top it off, it's a cage match!

I was at Boca v River in October. Incidentally.

Myself and Bonsai Superstar were discussing the halcyon days of Argentinian football on Screensport the other day. Well, we were just listing teams, really.

GOALS GOALS GOALS!!!!

or the lack of is what we were mainly talking about!

the winner of the 3 way play off has first shot at Chris Jericho and the Intercontinental belt

incidentally Moods - Belgrano and Talleres are the two main teams from Cordoba, both crap (as discussed)

not sure was it a different channel by day? i rememebr watching spanish football when i was sick from school.

ah i remember Going for Gold - it used to be on BBC1 after neighbors.
the prize was always a trip to Kenya to look for gold....

yeah, it changed. It was by night, then 24-hour, then by day (becoming MTV by night). Cablelink could never make up their minds.

Lifestyle it was. What a useless useless TV channel. Apart from going for gold that is. Pit the might of every european nation against each other in a general knowledge showdown. The Irish were always crap at it.

going for gold was like the quiz version of FIFA International Superstars of Soccer

"and from Germany we have Brian Plank and from Ireland we have Seamus O'Toole. And what lucky charm have you got there Seamus?"

"it's a lucky piece of turf me ma gave me"

it was a different channel by day, no? Then became screensport by night?

can't remember what the channel was called but I remember 'Going for Gold' was on it. I watched it when I went home for lunch every day.

At the start I think it shared the frequency with a "woman's" channel called ... lifestyle I think. They had a stylised butterfly logo I think. Edit: Ah I see this has already been covered.

Screensport used to have Memphis wrestling. Jerry Lawler constantly getting DQ'd for using the illegal piledriver move. Surprisingly he never got snared for using the chain he kept in his tights.

Screensport used to have Memphis wrestling. Jerry Lawler constantly getting DQ'd for using the illegal piledriver move. Surprisingly he never got snared for using the chain he kept in his tights.

they had the bogie man - a fella who wore a mismatch of knacker clothes and ice hockey gear.

their royal rumble had 12 people in it...pathetic to a young WWF lover like me.

said i would start one of these cus great stuff always happens there.

This weekend (yesterday) in the Argentinian League (Aperatura), 4 teams could win it on the last day!

1. San Lorenzo 36
2. Tigre 36
3. Boca Juniors 36
4. Lanus 34

*River Plate are bottom for the record!

GD doesnt count in Argentina, a play off is needed if teams finish level.

i was flicking around the streams last night and noticed the Argentinian Stations were doing updates of all 4 games at once, but i didnt realise what was afoot as i havent been very tuned into the league this season.

The results were:

Argentinos Juniors 0 - 1 San Lorenzo

Boca Juniors 3 - 2 Colon

Lanus 1 - 0 San Martin de Tucuman

Tigre 1 - 0 Banfield

meaning that there will be a 3 way play off this week between San Lorenzo, Boca and Tigre!

River Plate finished bottom but wont get relegated as relegation is determined by points average over 3 seasons.

River were Champions in the Clausura (previous half-season) and finished ultimos this time around. However an Argentine friend of mine informed me that because of the way the season was organised, once River weren't doing to well, they became less and less concerned with beating the teams who were competing with Boca for the title.

Very South American.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back