Soupy Norman (1 Viewer)

Gabbo

My mate said she saw an ad for the return of Soupy. I went on the rte website and it confirmed that there'd be some on over xmas. Does anyone know if these are gonna be new episodes?

[ame="http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddWlNQrUNI"]YouTube - Soupy Norman - Buttevant (part 1 I think...)[/ame]

Is it a complete piss take? The RTE Guide listings says theres a whole Late Late show devoted to it..

"New Cork based drama inspired by The Playboy of the Western World and Winning Streak contestants."

It's a dubbed Polish Soap Opera. It's supposed to be set in Buttevant in Cork. It's the best thing RTE have done ever. Heavily doubt the Late Late thing, tho.

I thought it was kinda shit.

you're just saying that because you want to be cool... stop being so cool, be a square like the rest of us for once
22877_lg.jpg

:p
- leigh

Paths To Freedom my arse. Watched it recently. Cock. Soupy Norman though: Claaas. Highly re-watchable and quotable too.

"Is your listening broken?"

"You're forcing me out of my own house because the colours in your head don't go"

etc.

'are you listening to me, or are you gone deaf with the soup?' amazing.

All that Barry Murphy surreal shit is amazing. He's a legend for that stuff.

"the yellow leaves that tickle your belly, if you were to float over them on wires, ..but this time there are no wires.." all that kind of stuff makes me shit my pissy pants.

Yurn, did you know it started out as a sketch on Time Trumpet? Have a look on Soupy Norman's entry Wikipedia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back