SOUNDTRACK 06: BON IVER (tonight) moved to Tripod. Tickets available on door. (1 Viewer)

miguel_myriad

BON IVER (tonight) moved to Tripod.
This show is now cabaret style seating in Tripod.
Tickets available on the door.

MONDAY JUNE 2nd

Soundtrack 08 : BON IVER
Support: Get Well Soon, James McMorrow
Tripod / €15 / 8pm

Soundtrack 08 brings one of the hottest acts at this year's South By SouthWest festival to Dublin for their debut show. Signed to 4AD (Beirut, TV on the Radio), Justin Vernon aka Bon Iver penned and recorded his debut album in that lonely bastion of musical integrity, the log cabin. Iver's debut has been described as "the kind of haunting, stripped back snapshot on a person's soul that leaves a lasting, at times uncomfortable impression." (Music Week)

www.myspace.com/boniver
www.youwillgetwellsoon.com

www.myspace.com/youwillgetwellsoon www.myspace.com/jamesvmcmorrow

Cabaret syle seating:
cabaret.jpg

Where was this originally? This is one of the most disasterous festivals in a long while. Promoters must be having a heartattack over it all.

Moving the gig to a larger venue ON THE DAY OF THE GIG - a Bank Holiday, what's more, when not many people will be near a computer... nice one, POD.

I tried to get tickets to this a couple of weeks ago, sold out. I go online tonight and it's been moved. Jesus wept, what a bunch of amateurs.

Moving the gig to a larger venue ON THE DAY OF THE GIG - a Bank Holiday, what's more, when not many people will be near a computer... nice one, POD.

I tried to get tickets to this a couple of weeks ago, sold out. I go online tonight and it's been moved. Jesus wept, what a bunch of amateurs.

the amateurs you're referring to are ticketmaster. we found out on Sunday that they had managed to sell 340 tickets for a 300 capacity venue - new level of fuck up.

i thought it worked out better in tripod in the end

The support act took years off my life..what in the name of fuck were they? Sub-Arcade Fire emo orchestral holler/horror-fest with the sort of earnestness worthy of a Wagner opera. How could so many legs, so much energy, be invested in something so monumentally shit? It would almost have been good for a pantomine laugh had it not gone on longer than the main act (by my watch)!

Bon Iver was good, but I was too close to the stage, ie right at the front and ended up with a creek in my neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back