sounds like Gang of Four.... (1 Viewer)

centuries

I keep reading shite about such and such a band sounding like gang of four, and then when you hear the aformentioned band, wham! bam!, they are a million miles away from GO4.

Have these people ever even heard GO4? I doubt it.

Are there any bands that do actually sound like GO4?

i've never heard a band be so under the radar for so long, be suddenly name dropped by so many as if they're listening to them all their life. i'd say the four of us are definitely candidates for similar treatment in the near future.

cunt said:
i've never heard a band be so under the radar for so long, be suddenly name dropped by so many as if they're listening to them all their life. i'd say the four of us are definitely candidates for similar treatment in the near future.

I remember when the first few Fugazi records came out,I thought they sounded like the Ruts but a lot of people said they sounded like GO4,I suppose I can hear the influence,but I don't think they sound similar,a lot of "hardcore"bands from theat late 80's early 90's time period were definately influenced by bands like Gang of Four,Wire,Minutemen,Mission of Burma and the Big Boys.
There are a few songs on the first Really Red lp(1981) that sound quite like Gang of Four,but I can't think of anyone else who sounds so much like as opposed to influenced by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back