Sonic Youth DVD (1 Viewer)

zebra heart attack

Great DVD and all, but are all the music videos out of synch for anyone else :confused:

... ive tried it in two dvd players now and both are about one second off. its still watchable but very annoying.

jaysus that sux... had it in me hand tudder day, was gonna get it but not yet...
just a thought, maybe be nuttin, but i think its a region free DVD, go to yer DVD preferences and instead of it being set to either PAL or NTSC set it to neither, see what happens... It may help... dunno buh

Sonic Nurse buh wha...

there's a problem with the first batch of the PAL version - i think it can be replaced once the new ones come out

andrew

"UPDATE: Sonic Youth have become aware of menu problems on Corporate Ghost in PAL regions. Universal Records has identified the problem and all DVD's manufactured from this point will be the corrected version.

Anyone who has a defective version will be able to exchange for a functioning DVD. We will let you know details as soon as we have them."

http://www.sonicyouth.com/main/breaking.html#2

andrew

on topic:

Sonic Youth will also tour briefly in Europe. Confirmed dates are:

August 27 - Paris (St. Cloud) Rock En Seine
August 28 - Oudenaarde, Belgium Feest in Het Park
August 30 - Amsterdam Paradiso
September 1 - Glasgow Barrowland
September 2 - London Brixton Academy
September 4 - Bologna, Italy Independent Days Festival

For ticket information and to keep abreast of the newest tour developments, go to www.sonicyouth.com.

While on the site be sure to check out the newly revamped store, which will continue to improve and evolve.

Also, look forward to Sonic Youth performing on Late Night with Conan O'Brian on July 7, and the Late Show with Craig Kilbourn on July 19.

And finally, don't forget that the new CD 'Sonic Nurse' and DVD 'Corporate Ghost' are available now. 'Sonic Nurse' will be available as a double LP July 12.

London... hmmmm

Just got this yesterday - Class stuff.

Basically the Goo video with aload of other videos.
The out of sync problem only surfaces on the second half - it does`nt really bother me though.I don`t think i`d be bothered to go sending it off to exchange it - maybe, i dunno.
I like the way it states on the back of the cover that the Pre Sell-out Sonic Youth Videos are due soon.Probably the Screaming Fileds video with extras i`d assume.

Anyone seen Gila Moster Jamboree??The live gig in the desert from 85`?

I have an incredible Sonic Youth video from brighton pretty early on I guess. They play on the sea front on a windy afternoon and it's just odd. Loads of punks and stuff at it. I think it was semi legit .

the video for Goo, like the full length album one where they made a dumb video for every song is class... havent seen it in fgn'nages buh

also, the year that punk broke captures an amazing era in music... anyone know if thats out on DVD tall? any region... niggglllpththth?

Ian said:
also, the year that punk broke captures an amazing era in music... anyone know if thats out on DVD tall? any region... niggglllpththth?
last i heard they were planning a double dvd reissue with shitloads of extra footage but had to clear some legal problems first.

Ian said:
the video for Goo, like the full length album one where they made a dumb video for every song is class... havent seen it in fgn'nages buh

would like to see this on DVD
still on VHS only but

Sonic Nurse double wax arrived in Road Thursday so me happy
great LP

got ticket fr the London date tho not expected to be savaged by it.. Nurse is class, Kim's songs the best as usual 'Let Nurse give you a shot...' mm

ddmurph said:
last i heard they were planning a double dvd reissue with shitloads of extra footage but had to clear some legal problems first.
where you hear this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back