Sonic Youth DVD (1 Viewer)

Ian said:
where you hear this?
the sonic youth site (ages ago though). there was also plans for an expanded reissue ('dirty' style) of goo (think this is coming out soon enough) and daydream nation (don't know when this is due/if it's still going ahead). actually just found the link now: http://www.sonicyouth.com/main/arch-2002winter.html#eleven. doesn't seem to be any mention of the legal issues there though. definitely read it somewhere on their site ages ago though so it should be there somewhere in the archived news.
that's news from winter 2002 though so i don't know if it's still going ahead or what. haven't heard anything else about it in ages.

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
there's a problem with the first batch of the PAL version - i think it can be replaced once the new ones come out

andrew
fuck piss

i just bought the thing and was wondering why it was all fucked up... why didn't you tell me this Andrew? Why didn't you ring me and tell me this this afternoon when I was goig to buy it? you're supposed to be my friend...:(

On the upside I can watch the Galaxiew 500 DVD instead... not much to look at, mostly dog rough VHS footage, but they sound fucking awesome.

nlgbbbblth said:
worth the money then?
any documentary on it or just videos/live stuff?

just videos and live stuff, an interview with Paul King which is just for laughs really, he has no idea who they are or why he's talking to them.

it's okay, the music is deadly, but you could stick it on and read the paper y'know, they'd still be standing in the same place, same pose, same guitars... side by side with the Sonic Youth DVD it's a bit of a let down.

But y'know, if yer a fan, the music is great, good interview in the booklet with James McNew and G500... acts a commentry (why not just have a commentry)

Those vids from the last few lps.... fucking hell. What the fuck is the point in watching people sitting in a room snogging? Or Lee Renaldos' criminally bad armchair video... ughhhhh....
!bog

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back