Sonic Nurse (3 Viewers)

'bout time this album got some props, all i've been hearing is grumbles but it's my favourite sy album in years! Although peace attack is pretty rough, all the kim songs are sweet especially i love golden blue.

Played it solid for almost a month.|..|

nlgbbbblth said:
after playing this non-stop for the last 10 days or so - I am coming round to the view that it's SY's best LP since Daydream Nation

Murray Street was pretty good but Sonic Nurse just.|..|
I was'nt sure if I was thinking the right thoughts, when I last spoke to Anthony I said I thought it was their best since Washing Machine... But Daydream Nation? Dunno 'bout that...
All I know's for sure is is thats it's their best ablum in fuggin'nages...

Igor said:
You naysayers had your chance, the quality speaks for itself:p

what's not to like?
what does that mean, "best since daydream nation"? better than goo? like, WOW and stuff.

it's the best "best album since daydream nation" since murray street.

i think it is crap. i thought murray street was pretty poor too.

the last good SY was "Experimental Jetset Thrash and No Star" IMHO

nEiLo said:
it's the best "best album since daydream nation" since murray street.

i think it is crap. i thought murray street was pretty poor too.

the last good SY was "Experimental Jetset Thrash and No Star" IMHO
and the last amazing one was DDN.

goo is a great album, ddn is amazing, nurse is nothing in comparison... and experimental jet set pales in comparison. murray street is nothing special, it's ok but gets boring after a few weeks. so will nurse...

nurse is pretty weak alright. their last great one was 1000 leaves (i think).

dude ranch nurse is cool tho. I like the way kim sings "let nurse give you a shot...". shes the best one of them. time they got rid of jim o'rourke again too.

ostrichsyndrome said:
you do remember goo of course... are you completely insane???

indeed, havent heard it yet but doubt it'll be better than goo, or washing machine. Their best album is sister anyways.

i officially elect myself as the authority on sonic youth on this board. sonic youth have done little of any consequence since day dream nation. check out sister. actually check out the burning spear track from their first eponymous album...

Jaysus people, what's with the comparisoning, can't it just be good on its own terms? and won't someone please think of the children etc....

A plague on all your houses with the this-band-had-one-defining-moment-and-everything-else-was-shite attitude:confused:

Igor said:
Jaysus people, what's with the comparisoning, can't it just be good on its own terms? and won't someone please think of the children etc....

A plague on all your houses with the this-band-had-one-defining-moment-and-everything-else-was-shite attitude:confused:
nah, i like SY, saw 'em at atp this year. they played a 'cool' set. they haven't played a stage-cracking set since DDN though. and did you not read what i said about electing myself yadda yadda?

Igor said:

fair enough
sonic nurse is still shit though:D

hag said:
nah, i like SY, saw 'em at atp this year. they played a 'cool' set. they haven't played a stage-cracking set since DDN though.
They do tend to do "cool" more these days, by their own admission they've been toning it down but i'm likin' that oap SY sound, not mind blowing but mellow
smile.gif

hag said:
and did you not read what i said about electing myself yadda yadda?
"You are not my daad"

I like goo best.

Yadda

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back