SONIC BOOM SIX, AN CRUISCIN LAN, CORK, JUNE 11 (2 Viewers)

I heard there were 10 people there including support bands and promoters....

thats a damn shame...what is it with cork and punk rock attendances??

they were awesome in dublin as usual

poor crowd, but that is down to the fact that punk rock people won't go to the academy anymore i reckon....will be bringing them over to play with us in the new year hopefully

It might help if we got some decent FOH engineers at gigs - my wife was blown away by the sound at the gig we played up in galway last week, she reckoned we'd never sounded better. She's used to hearing us in Fredz where the guy for some reason drowns everything in reverb and sucks out all the low end...
I'd swear in the Pucan Dan just gave me a mic, and maybe had one in the kick, but that was it - no half hour sound check or nothin, just plug in and play, and it sounded great :)
Also, there's absolutely no need to be miking up guitar cabs in Fredz, especially with 100W heads on stage. The room is too small to need it.

The Cruiscin Lawn is a completly soul destroying venue. Oi Polloi were pretty cool there but every other time i've seen a band play there it's put me off.

went ta bolt thrower there it was jammers, sound wasnt great though

ya, it's a bit Cork Rock City at times there.

Detroit_Rock_City.jpg

Fair bit of 'alternative/indie/instrumental' kinda thing going on too...

What would metal gig attendance be like down there?
Not the best either judging by the last couple of gigs I was at there
went ta bolt thrower there it was jammers, sound wasnt great though
They changed the PA down there a bit after that, Napalm Death was amazingly bollox in there, I didnt go there for 18 months after that but the re vamped PA has made the sound a lot better in there

Sonic Boom Six probably didn't get good attendances because they're actually bollocks like. I went and saw them in Belfast, and they are crap really.

Id agree with that 100%. They were rubbish in Galway too. Some poeple loved them though.

Bacchus played in Cork twice & both times had good crowds & atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back