Songs that remind you of terrible nights out (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

reminds me of getting sick in the jacks of the mean fiddler

I've only ever heard the National Anthem played once on a night out, and that was when I was staying on a boat in Portumna. We had a friend from New York staying with us and she thought it was the most bizarre thing, and everyone shouted at us in the pub because we continued playing pool as it played. I did not like it one bit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

reminds me of getting sick in the jacks of the mean fiddler

No way. Fucking epic times. I thought they'd last forever but all I'm left with are the regrets.

Washingcattle sit's back and drifts off to the heady days of his youth. He recalls the sunny spring day that it was today and thinks off how the sun felt on his face earlier this evening as he left his soul crushing menial job at 4:45 in the hope of catching the early bus. He was filed with hope for the future, "perhaps I'll make Piella for dinner" he thought. But Superquinn didn't have any chorizo and now, as washingcattle glances out the window he realises that the sun has set on his piella and in a very real way the sun has set on his youth too. He resigns himself to the fact that his life is now conversations about children or politics and meals which involve koka noodles, but not noodles made in a hurry in between alcohol fuelled revelry as it had been. The noodles are now book ended by long work days dreary daily commutes and the only occaisional erection. Washingcattle sighs and puts on the kettle. Perhaps one day he thinks and opens the cupboard "Ah fuck it I didn't even have rice" and in many ways that sums up his youth too.

I've only ever heard the National Anthem played once on a night out, and that was when I was staying on a boat in Portumna. We had a friend from New York staying with us and she thought it was the most bizarre thing, and everyone shouted at us in the pub because we continued playing pool as it played. I did not like it one bit.

i have to say i would have joined in the shouting.

Why though? I mean we weren't making noise, it was none of their fucking business!

No way. Fucking epic times. I thought they'd last forever but all I'm left with are the regrets.

Washingcattle sit's back and drifts off to the heady days of his youth. He recalls the sunny spring day that it was today and thinks off how the sun felt on his face earlier this evening as he left his soul crushing menial job at 4:45 in the hope of catching the early bus. He was filed with hope for the future, "perhaps I'll make Piella for dinner" he thought. But Superquinn didn't have any chorizo and now, as washingcattle glances out the window he realises that the sun has set on his piella and in a very real way the sun has set on his youth too. He resigns himself to the fact that his life is now conversations about children or politics and meals which involve koka noodles, but not noodles made in a hurry in between alcohol fuelled revelry as it had been. The noodles are now book ended by long work days dreary daily commutes and the only occaisional erection. Washingcattle sighs and puts on the kettle. Perhaps one day he thinks and opens the cupboard "Ah fuck it I didn't even have rice" and in many ways that sums up his youth too.

That's fucking beautiful dude.

I don't know what that means.

yeah but you gotta look attentive for any national anthem.common courtesy.
must spread rep etc - gibson

And I would take your point if I was obstructing someone else's right to stop and quietly respect the anthem or whatever. Personally I don't believe in that, and not all of us were even Irish. We were out to the side, not making any noise so to be honest they can go fuck themselves. I was in no way being disrespectful.

I took jaffa to mean he was calling you a proddo,i could be wrong.
being irish or not doesn't matter,i would do the same for any anthem.anthems are serious affairs,not paying them due attention is seen as disrespectful in itself.
anyway,im not out out to give you a hard time,just saying.

sorry yeah I was only ripping the piss!
my Derry mates call anyone who's not a catholic nationalist "Jaffas"

Ah je comprende, re: jaffa

Sorry theo, I wasn't purposefully getting mad at you either, its just something that grinds my gears.

Ha! Rockfords of a Saturday night in Roscommon, the national anthem at 3 in the morning, bleary eyed drunks mumbling along, scowling at the non mumblers.... ahhh... how I was humbled by their scorn

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back