Sonar lineup? (1 Viewer)

matlock

Due to an intense feeling of disappointment at the (admittedly incomplete) Electric Picnic lineup, I've decided that I'm gonna put all my eggs in the Sonar basket this year. Barcelona in June is so much nicer than Laois in September I hear. Anyone know anything about the lineup?

matlock said:
Due to an intense feeling of disappointment at the (admittedly incomplete) Electric Picnic lineup, I've decided that I'm gonna put all my eggs in the Sonar basket this year. Barcelona in June is so much nicer than Laois in September I hear. Anyone know anything about the lineup?

Sonar lineup should be out this week sometime. My money is on Thursday.

That's not what I meant.
It's taking the piss releasing tickets with no line-up announced. Most people are going to wait to see who's playing before getting a ticket. So by the time they release the lineup the flights are pretty dear.

I heard Sasha was playing. I'm not joking. Weirdly they had Fergie last year too.

Yeah they always have a couple of dodgy acts. First year I went it was Roger Sanchez and then a couple of years later it was So Solid Crew and last year it was Oxide and Neutrino. It's pretty easy to ignore them.

Last year they had trouble getting licences to hold the gig, the Barclona city council wants them to move the whole of sonar out to where the night venue is. Thats why last year there was loads of doubling up of the artists for the day and night gig's because they didnt want to book to may people and not have a venue for them to play.

That's prob why theres an delay this year again.

I saw Oxide and Neutrino at it a few years ago. aphex twin was standing behind em looking disgusted.

sonar by night is a bit too exhausting, especially if you want to get the most out of Sonar by Day. It's basically a massive hangar with about a hundred thousand people falling about on yips. Day is much better.

Sufi said:
Last year they had trouble getting licences to hold the gig, the Barclona city council wants them to move the whole of sonar out to where the night venue is. Thats why last year there was loads of doubling up of the artists for the day and night gig's because they didnt want to book to may people and not have a venue for them to play.

That's prob why theres an delay this year again.

In 2002 it wasn't out until the end of March, same for 2003 IIRC. I don't understand what you mean about "doubling up of the artists"?

Usually they would have a really experemential line up during the day and more dancy at night..
Last year people like miss kitten played both. Which wouldt normally happen.

its shit now anyway, that whole car park party vibe afterwards is just scary your better off saving your money and finding something a bit more interesting.

Heh, that's why I usally leave the night bit early. I think the reason they had Miss Kittin on twice was cos they actually do love her over there. She was the only artist to play both day and night though? I thought most of the day lineup was reasonably experimental last year too.

No i know someone who works for sonar and they had to keep the day line up really tight last year because of the licence thing..
Also the people who live around the day venue are really kicking up a stink about the festival. They hate it as its gone really huge in the last few years.

Still though, its a good laugh. Sun and great music what more could you ask for.

bin once two years ago. not worth the trip if the day thing is getting scaled back. although there are always mad things on coinciding with it. you could go over and avoid sonar altogether i went to a great absorb.org gig when i was there. think there was a kompakt beach party last yr

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back