Some very strange films (1 Viewer)

I just saw "Ghetto Warriors" aka "Black Gestapo". Highly recommended. Stunning cinematography. Tomorrow, I think I may start the day with "Damnation Alley" or perhaps a George Eastman film. "2019 The Fall of New York"? hmmm. Andy F?

Rene said:
For those of you who like 'he Nightmare before Christmas' I suggest you check out the short "The Sandman" , directed by Paul Berry.
I think I saw this by accident on telly once, back when channel 4 was a real channel, and it freaked the shit out of me. That final shot of the kid walking into this empty room- and then the lights come on... I read the sandman story by hoffman years later, and worked out it must have been based on it, but I didn't know its name or who directed until now. So thanks a million for the info.

If anyone else is interested, it's very short, but I can't praise it enough. Some alcopop peddlar ripped it off big time with that judderman advert, but this is the genuine article.

One of us said:
I think I saw this by accident on telly once, back when channel 4 was a real channel, and it freaked the shit out of me. That final shot of the kid walking into this empty room- and then the lights come on... I read the sandman story by hoffman years later, and worked out it must have been based on it, but I didn't know its name or who directed until now. So thanks a million for the info.

If anyone else is interested, it's very short, but I can't praise it enough. Some alcopop peddlar ripped it off big time with that judderman advert, but this is the genuine article.
Yeah, its quite disturbing, but extremely well made. I think its a pity they only used the first part of Hoffmann's "The Sandman" (easily available online), but then I suppose its very, very loosely based on it. I would have loved to have seen the now-grown up, traumatised kid dancing around with an robot chick - would have made for some cool shots!

On a similar subject, has anyone seen "Ah Pook is here", written & with a voiceover by William Burroughs? Its like the little prince, only with devils, demons and monsters instead, suitably grotesque made out of papier-mache. One worth checking out.

Dixer said:
Jodorowsky's "Santa Sangre"?
Big Time.

"Eez a film about a man who kill wimmen". In the great man's words.

According to the interview in the Extras section of "Santa Sangre", one of Jodorowsky's favourite films is going to be shown at the UGC Asia Extreme - "The Isle".
It can't come recommended any higher, now, can it?

Alan Remorse said:
is 8 1/2 Women any good?
The Peter Greenway flick?
Not particularly; unless lots of gratuitous nudity and dwarf-pr0n is your thing...

Speaking of high-class smut, Walerian Borocyzwk's films have been released on DVD.
Altogether now: WOOHOO!

Rene said:
Big Time.

"Eez a film about a man who kill wimmen". In the great man's words.

According to the interview in the Extras section of "Santa Sangre", one of Jodorowsky's favourite films is going to be shown at the UGC Asia Extreme - "The Isle".
It can't come recommended any higher, now, can it?

Alejandro seems like a tres cool fella. Pretty hard to nail him down. You listen to his commentary on Sangre? His accent is awesome, though occassionally indecipherable. His whole attitude/approach seems pretty solid. "The Isle" is the same guy that did "Spring, Summer, Autumn...."? Good flick, missed "The Isle" when it was on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back