Social work (6 Viewers)

The front line homeless stuff is great but.

It really is. I think the only burnout I've ever experienced hasn't been because of clients, usually inept management stuff. Was feeling a bit of burnout due to that after my last job which I finished up dec 07, had worked in the shelters for 7 years then so was pretty freaked that I was burning out. However I got a new job middle of last year and must say the place I work now is feckin great, really helped rejeuvenate my love for the work, also the older/more self assured I am getting the easier it is too in many senses :)

well glad I didnt go into real estate like my careers officer said I should:p be fucked for a job now.

im not entirely sure about this but one of the OTs i work with had a problem with her driving license recently, and if she had gotten a conviction the social workers we work with were saying she probably wouldn't have been able to stay working here. so maybe it depends on what exactly the record is, i dont know, but it wouldn't help.
social workers are a sound bunch in general, have always worked with really nice ones anyway! a good few of them have horror stories about working in the hse though.

are you a nurse or doctor?

i'm a nurse and ive worked with some really mental social workers over the years. like really troubled. i suppose their probably not all like that. haha i should know better. theres just something about that particular profession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back