social centre is GO (2 Viewers)

nofunchee

Website
www.myspace.com
i was at the seomra sproai meeting tonight and everyone decided to go for the gaff on middle abby street across from chapters with all the mad bike stuff outside it. one big room on the second floor for the time being with a view to expanding to the other room on that floor soon and possibly the basement in the future depending on people and possibilities.

work at clearing out the room starts at 6:30 tomorrow and again on sat at 12 or 1. this place can be up and running very soon. it's a fuckin' deadly gaff and space.

LamStock said:
is it cool if i come down and give ya's a hand?

that would be great. seomra sproai is for everyone who want's to get involved.

Weeler said:
just in case anyone doesn't know what a social centre is..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_centers
(although "ours" isn't squatted anymore, some guy got it through adverse possession)

shit man, i thought it was for meetin' birds and drinking with the lads. anybody wanna get a gentlemen's collective together?

DuncheeKnifed said:
i was at the seomra sproai meeting tonight and everyone decided to go for the gaff on middle abby street across from chapters with all the mad bike stuff outside it. one big room on the second floor for the time being with a view to expanding to the other room on that floor soon and possibly the basement in the future depending on people and possibilities.

work at clearing out the room starts at 6:30 tomorrow and again on sat at 12 or 1. this place can be up and running very soon. it's a fuckin' deadly gaff and space.

This is the place with all the performance artists in it yes?

Deadly gaff. They're all bonkers.

Ok, tangents already....
Anyone who wants to help is welcome. If anyone has any furniture or stuff we could use that would be great. We need shelves particularly for the library. We may also need help transporting stuff.
Hopefully the room will be used as library, meeting room, hangout space with tea/coffee maybe the photocopier... anything really.
We decided to start working on the second room pretty much straight away once we finish the first.
If there are any plumbers or electricians out there that are up for helping out let us know please.
Deadly buzz.|..| :)

i've a small fridge ya's can have, if ya neeed it

my flat is in Parnell Sq so if anyone has transport or a shopping trolly or something we can get it to abbey street pretty handy

it's small, up to your waist size

mazzyianne said:
Ok, tangents already....
Anyone who wants to help is welcome. If anyone has any furniture or stuff we could use that would be great. We need shelves particularly for the library. We may also need help transporting stuff.
Hopefully the room will be used as library, meeting room, hangout space with tea/coffee maybe the photocopier... anything really.
We decided to start working on the second room pretty much straight away once we finish the first.
If there are any plumbers or electricians out there that are up for helping out let us know please.
Deadly buzz.|..| :)
I have a small Fiesta van if yas want anything transported, esp from The Northside as I is courier like :cool:

Deadly!
Yeah there are artists on the top floor so they could be the preformance people. The fridge would be deadly! Yeah janer if you could help that would be great, not sure what we'll need moved yet but one fridge anyways. We have Seans big van offered too but we dont want to overburden any one person.

So the rent will start being paid on monday if we have the room sorted by then. Hopefully we'll be able to have some money making events there but if anyone is looking for standing order forms come along. If you're not around and want to set one up the info you need is

Payment account ref no./credit union account no: 8520HF
Benificary Name: Blackrock Credit union ltd.
Benificiary A/C designation: Bank of Ireland main st. Blackrock
Benificiary's Bank Sorting code no: 90-10-28
Benificiary A/C no: 17280184

I dont really know anything about standing orders and other people are sorting out this shit so I'm just writing what I was given, I hope that will work.
Dunno if you can do that from Copenhagen Corm but maybe...

dunno if you'd be interested in this but we have about 3 and a half packs of click-lock laminate flooring we're not using, there's about 8 sq metres there. if yiz want it let me know, you'd be more than welcome to it.

Oooh that place! deadly. Ive always been drawn towards it, crossing the street for no good reason other than to have a good gawk at the place. I love the bike sculpture outside.
I'll try and rangle some form of shelves...might not be the may west or biggest but my aul lad raids dumpsters constantly (then they wonder why i turned out how i did). No promises but I'll try my best.

Anything else your in need of?

KatieMutated said:
Oooh that place! deadly. Ive always been drawn towards it, crossing the street for no good reason other than to have a good gawk at the place. I love the bike sculpture outside.
same here, you just KNOW it's something good when you see that bike sculpture...
I have loads of house paint if you's need some. (mostly white and yellow)

haha I just got docked punk points there for offering help and some shelving.
"who cares" with that mentality Im sure this place will last especially if "PuNk As FAwk" people like yerself are involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back