So where are the shows at this weekend in Dublin? (1 Viewer)

sidhe

Ok so there is a show at Eamon Dorans Friday and one at Issac Butt on Saturday, could anyone please tell me how to get to these places? Thanks

hi welcome to dublin. i hope you have a goodtime here.
i see you're from chicago. my favorite american city. you chicagoans could really teach us a thing or two about public transportation. the el train is fantastic. i love the way there is a voice that tells you were you are. get this: there is a station called grand. when you get there you there you here a voice say "this, is grand"

eamonn dorans is in the middle of temple bar and shouldnt be too hard to find. the isaac butt requires a bit of a walk down by the liffey beside the bus station. enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please be sure to keep in touch when you goback to your own country.

This I don't like:

10 years of noise and confusion (25 Apr, 2002 05:49 p.m.):
go backto your owncountry

Consider this your first warning.

Isaac Butt:
Just on the north side of the Liffey, you walk towards the sea (direction of the flow of the river if you're wondering) with O'Connell Street to your back - you'll arrive at Eden Quay, and the train line will be in front of you. Veer left, go under the train line, and the main bus station, called Bus Aras, will be 50 yards in front of you. The Isaac Butt is right beside it.

Eamonn Doran's:
Go to a pedestrianised area called Temple Bar just on the south side of the Liffey, and on the opposite side of O'Connell Street to the Isaac Butt. Ask when you get in there, everyone knows it.

Tonight, Thursday 25th April, at the Parnell Mooney (top of O'Connell Street, turn left onto Parnell Street, first door on your left):

From Ashes Rise (crushing ploitical hardcore from Memphis, Tennessee, ex-His Hero Is Gone).

The Dagda (vicious Belfast metalcore).

Easpa Measa (grinding thrashing fucking hardcore with female vocals).

Scientific Bong (crazy powerviolence thrash conducted in the name of the Bionic Chronic).

Bastard Youth (crusty thrash in nappies).

Starts 9pm, just €5.

For those others, Eamo's is in the middle of Temple Bar, halfway up Crown Alley (the cobbled street with the Bad Ass Café on it and continental types trying to sell you drugs/buy drugs from you). The Isaac Butt is...somewhere else...either close to there or near the Bus Station, I'm a little confused.

Still though, From Ashes Rise, eh?

Social!

im not really sure what is going on.but yeah chicago is a deadly town. i used to work in a golf course there (wid ronan) that was literally right down town in the middle of the city. it was surrounded by high rise blocks and the odd time you'd get a base-jumper landing right in the middle of the driving range. also they have this deadly furniture removal company called "christian brothers" which any irish fella who ever went to chicago on a j-1 i'm sure can tell you about.

Never heard of them now.Twas the padded wagon in new york and cunninghams in san fran for me.

10 years of noise and confusion (25 Apr, 2002 06:30 p.m.):
i think thatquote is somewhat out of context.

Yes. Most amusing.

Thank you for changing your original post.

Ok thanks everybody. We found the Issac Butt this morning when we arrived on the bus, and I'm sure the Eamon Dorans won't be too difficult find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back