SO COW @ Cyprus Avenue July 2nd (1 Viewer)

Melting Pot

Melting Pot Presents:

SO COW
+ HELIOPAUSE
+ VERTIGO SMYTH
Wednesday July 2nd @ Cyprus Avenue

Doors 9pm

Adm: €5 before 10 / €7 after

So Cow

So Cow is the ongoing musical project of a still-barely-young Tuam-bred gentleman by the name of Brian Kelly. Responsible for as much as is possible for what goes on his records, 2008 will most likely prove a busy year. May saw the release of the not-particularly-difficult second album 'I'm Siding With My Captors' on Covert Bear Records. A new 7", 'Commuting' is due in July, on California's Going Underground Records.
Up until recently, So Cow was entirely based in Seoul, South Korea, recording alone between the midnights and the 6am of cobbled-together studios and bedrooms. The resulting album, 'These Truly Are End Times', was subject to very nice comments. Hot Press labelled it "the sort of natural, unaffected pop record that Irish acts don't make often enough". The Irish Times upped the ante when they said So Cow"deals in delicious vocal harmonies, clever percussion ideas, sweet stereo tricks and scorching sounds that skim the skyline of great modern guitar music". Shows in support of Ted Leo and Dan Deacon followed. A single from the album, 'Moon Geun Young' was decribed as "bordeline awe-inspiring" US zine Terminal Boredom.
New album, 'I'm Siding With My Captors' was recorded pretty much exclusively in Office 1414, Building 1, Korea Tourism College, again at the dead of night, when all middle-aged Korean academics had gone home. It's pop music, with occasional terrifying bursts of noise.
Live, So Cow continues to take control freakery to stunning new levels with elaborate backing tape configurations, joyous choral moments and occasional self-injury.

http://myspace.com/socow

IMGP0223.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back