smashing! (1 Viewer)

Just watched the video to 'thirty three', still a lovely song that could almost make you forgive Billy.

but only God can forgive.

Since he shaved his head Corgan does not appear to have aged a day.

So what's his favoute 5 albums of all time? How many of them are Pumpkins ones?

LOL! His top 5 doesnt include any Pumpkins album!
Ah he has aged, trust me. He only put the hat on for the pic.

CORGAN

Stooges - Fun House
My Bloody Valentine - LOveless
Velvet Underground - White Light White Heat
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Fillmore East
Neil Young - Tonights the Night

CHAMBERLIN insisted on writing only one album - JOhn Coltrane's Love Supreme. Quite interesting!

CORGAN

Stooges - Fun House
My Bloody Valentine - LOveless
Velvet Underground - White Light White Heat
Jimi Hendrix - Live at Fillmore East
Neil Young - Tonights the Night

I'm a little surprised. That list is so ....conventional. I suppose some of the albums themselves are a little obscure, Tonights the Night isn't one of Neils most well known. But still, if I didn't know better I'd say Corgan was Mojo reader. Which disappoints me a bit.

Chamberlin is a jazz drummer by training, so that probably explains the Coltrane pick.

A lot of the Pumpkins best songs are their b-sides, particularly from their giant Mellon Collie era boxset of singles, The Aeroplane Flies High - also their stuff from between Gish and Siamese Dream is fantastic as well, and then there is Siamese Dream itself, which is a very well done record, even if it is mostly a Billy Corgan solo album. I suppose I'll buy this album as well, as I have almost everything they've ever released.

everyone will hate me for this. totally respect your rights to say it sucked and it was stupid. no disagreeing with any folk like.
I really enjoyed the primavera show. The costumes were stupid, the banter was stupid, the music was excellent. this is what i like about the pumpkins. here's my deal; shortly after siamese, the bald fella realised that he actually really could write a good tune, and fair play to him, he went on and burrowed into his ego and wrote about 50 good tunes in a very short time, specially by the levels of productivity we've come to expect. corgan could have survived the mid sixties song factory era easy, where a lot of his contemporaries (in the commercial rock vien) were getting lucky to spin out 10 good songs in a year. fair enough, after this big songjaculation he went a bit haywire and maybe shaved his head a bit too close a few times - but i thought he was just playing
around with the idea of a live show, from the begginning of shaving the bap and running about in the same t-shirt all year with zero written on it, till wearing a big black dress and having three drummers, it was proper rawk excess, without being led zepplin on ice or anything. i was well baked at the primera and sitting in the grass watching 4 non distinguishable figures 'float' quasi angelically about a stage playing big horse size riffs for an hour or whatever was great fun i thought, and i could actually mumble along the words and become one with the preposterousness of it all... proper entertainment. going to watch battles after this was depressing, you could only sing along if your name was steven hawkins. looked like four guys playing truant from science class and trying to reinvent music using one single head piercing note the whole way, though their drummer sounded superb.

As for the one album for the price of four, i cant wait to download it. could anyone cast there minds back to the pumpkins being one of the first bands to release an album purely for p2p?? i'd wager that they know fine well that it'll sell a certain number of units to folks who want to fill their (already bulging) pumpkins cd collection, and you could read it as them trying to discourage people to buy plastics, and just go see the show. next time they play in our hood i'm sure they'll whip out another 5-10 songs... and resume thier position as one of rocks best preposterous bands evah... everybody always hates billy, long live hating billy.

rant over.

though i'm not totally convinced on my last paragraph there.

Heard the new album today in work. Don't wanna judge it yet. Same as Machina I think. A few good songs and a load of shit songs. Though it's made me stick on old Pumpkins tonight. First 2 albums and bits of the other albums were amazing.

I've been seeing people on production forums giving out hell about the new album and how it sucks sonically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back