Skinny Wolves in NME (1 Viewer)

Pantone247 said:
nope, which is a shame

but I think who ever wrote it is a decal fan

I mean imagine... I don't know... I don't work there... I scrounge of the dole and live in a squat like the rest of you...
That is a shame - that's what I was talking about with the press not getting the fact that sometimes the club night is as (and sometimes more) important as the people who play at it.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I was thinking about this today for some reason. How a lot of decent small gigs/clubs whatever don't seem to get much of a mention in the irish music press(hot press really)Is it because nobody bothers sending listings in or as Jamie says,when it's sent in they don't print it?

i used to send a lot of listings to hot press but gave up as they would either not print them or, even worse, print them with thw wrong date... or price.... or time.... or supports.

Ultra-bizarre when with e-mail all they had to do was copy & paste

aoboa said:
That is a shame - that's what I was talking about with the press not getting the fact that sometimes the club night is as (and sometimes more) important as the people who play at it.

I agree, but honestly the person who wrote it is actually an electro fan and I guess spotted yr name... I try and cast an eye over thinngs and throw some names in now and again... but I'm ussually having a few nervous breakdowns and just don't have the time!

I know the Ballroom always got good press, and Stoat, it sort of depends on who's doing the listings, how much time they have, what their mood is, what they're into

believe it or not HP, and most things, are only run by mere human beings

very handsome human beings but human beings all the same...

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
That's why I specified hot press,I don't really know of,or look at other dublin/ireland mags. There doesn't seem to be a point. I only glance at Hot Press because sometimes there is a mention of a bigger gig i'd be into.
Damo,you think there are sympathetic irish music journo's?

I sent Hot Press some records before...

"what da fook is this thing!!"*
*they said as they passed the 7" record around the office in bewilderment.....

They are forever known as Snot Press or Snob Press in my humble household ever since...and before that as well of course.
I shall forever tap my hat to NME for their genius promotion of the Manic Street preachers back in the early 90`s.Now THAT was what i called mainstream music entertainment...slashed arms/mutilation..alcohol abuse, anorixia, guys looking like drug-addicted girls......Them days are looonng gone its sad to say:mad: .

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Damo,you think there are sympathetic irish music journo's?

Only in the zine scene.....
Hot Press are only a Bacardi breezer advertising machine anyway.And its boring as hell.

I've had reasonably good luck with listings and mentions. i think a lot of it depends on what else is going on at the time. Jan/Feb or mid-summer are generally quiet times for releases, so I have found it easier to get coverage at those times.

Anyone know whether the new freesheets in dublin - totally dublin, in dublin, metro, herald am - are open to covering independent stuff?

Rimbaud said:
slashed arms/mutilation..alcohol abuse, anorixia, guys looking like drug-addicted girls......Them days are looonng gone its sad to say:mad: .

316799.jpg

:) :) :) ;)

anyway yeah well done on the NME gear Skinny Wolves

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back