SIR LES TO QPR (1 Viewer)

Shittu

Website
www.shittu.com
SIR LES TO QPR

QPR boss Ian Holloway wants Les Ferdinand to return to the club that made him to help them in their bid for promotion. Sir Les was approached by the Londoners at the end of last season, but he chose to join Bolton instead.

Holloway said: "Les might not see his future outside the Premiership but he might also like to help his old club get back in it. I hope I will be able to convince him of that. And I don't want to wait until the January transfer window to keep our momentum going."

from football365

Shittu said:
SIR LES TO QPR
I'm not sure about this. I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong (like I was with furs who I thought was a dreadful mistake at the start), but I can't help think this might tarnish our memories of les if it doesn't work out.

That being said, it would be fantastic to see him back in the hoops...

From marc birchams web site

In other matters, I was delighted to see that Ian Holloway wants to bring Les Ferdinand back to the club on loan. I'm not sure if Bolton will let Les go, but I do believe that Olly is serious about getting him on board. If it happens it can only be good for our side and will only help our promotion bid.

Les Ferdinand is one of my heroes and I remember watching him so many times as a kid at Loftus Road. Personally, I think it would be the perfect way for Les to end his career. Scoring goals for his former club, the club that gave him his big chance, and maybe helping us to get back in the top flight. It would be brilliant if Olly can pull that move off.

Looks like this could be happening...

Les Ferdinand today left Bolton Wanderers by mutual consent to move to a club “closer to home”. Ferdinand had a clause in his contract that meant he could leave the club in January if they failed to agree to a contract extension, that has been the case and Sir Les is now a free agent.

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce told the clubs official website that "Les has had limited opportunities at first team level and we agreed that he could leave the Club for a fresh start”

“He is keen to move closer to his home and I am sure that's what he'll do now.”

Ferdinand has scored just one goal for Bolton since his summer move. However last season, when given a settled run in the Leicester side, he managed to bag an impressive 12 Premiership goals for a relegated team.

Ian Holloway tried to bring Ferdinand back to Rangers earlier this season on loan but was knocked back by Bolton at the time, now there’s nothing to stand in the way other than contract negotiations.

With Paul Furlong suspended for the next four games it seems likely that Olly will be in touch with Les pretty damn quick.

Yeah looks like Southampton and Reading are battling it out. Bill Power has said on the messageboard that an offer has been on the table for a few months and that is still the case, and Les knows this. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back