singer/songwriter? (3 Viewers)

rikredbrain

hey there.. i was wonderin if any of you lovely people can tell me the best places for a solo singer/songwriter and his acoustic could play... im based in the north but i by far prefer playin the south and i was considerin touring around ireland over the summer gigging where possible.
cheers
rik

the legal eagle do one of the few good singer-songwriter nights in dublin.think it's every tuesday,otherwise there's the Pale does one aswell

rikredbrain said:
hey there.. i was wonderin if any of you lovely people can tell me the best places for a solo singer/songwriter and his acoustic could play... im based in the north but i by far prefer playin the south and i was considerin touring around ireland over the summer gigging where possible.
cheers
rik

Kims Deal said:
The Parlour upstairs in the stags head pub is a lovely venue especially for accoustic gigs also if you wish to do good for charity the ruby sessions in doyles always gets a great crowd.;)

as of last week the stags head is under new ownership. i think i heard over the weekend that they're not taking any gigs for the moment. Shame really. Lovely spot.

damn right im lazy....... and proud of it....

actually my last band imploded and i am to lazy to form a new one so i figure id try my hand at solo stuff

cheers fer the venue details so far.... got a few places to contact now...

any further afield? like cork or limerick or galway?

cheers

Nonsense

Like most things: stinks when it's bad - heavenly when it's good
(admittedly has been an overly busy thoroughfare over the last decade)

chickenham said:
Nonsense

Like most things: stinks when it's bad - heavenly when it's good
(admittedly has been an overly busy thoroughfare over the last decade)

But could a decent acoustic guitar driven tune be made even better with an interesting arrangement?

Just playing devil's advocate here...I do think a good song is a generally a good song at the base.

its an interesting question.... look at green days good riddance.... a beutifull wee song.... but if you add a band it sounds like everyother green day hit of the time.... so it works as a stand alone acoustic (and yes i am aware that they have strings in the background but thats just incidental)

the same applies to extremes song more than words.....

jeff_lewis_20x16.jpg

this man, Jeferey Lewis, just re-invented Singer-Songwirting for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back