*sigh* (1 Viewer)

bad news.

I don't really see why you don't name and shame the bastard(s). Why bother posting it in the first place when no real awareness will brought to the Dublin music scene?

At the moment i'm thinking it's either HGF or morello. Who else did Dubh record?

Jason Donovan said:
Could you elaborate there lorcanzo?

J
I'm presuming lorcanzo isn't going to name names but I think it's fair enough that the guilty parties admit to what they did and sort it out fairly smartly

enchance said:
Who else did Dubh record?

I think Dubh recorded a few bands while he was here.

I know he recorded us (previous band) and a few Gigsmart bands did some production work with him.

enchance said:
bad news.

I don't really see why you don't name and shame the bastard(s). Why bother posting it in the first place when no real awareness will brought to the Dublin music scene?

At the moment i'm thinking it's either HGF or morello. Who else did Dubh record?

..put it this way it wasn't h.g.f.

here lorcanzo - is dubh really quitting over bad experiences with 1 band? He worked with a few of us in various capacaties and got on with everyone (apart from that one band I know of)....it just seems a bit drastic to quit a, by all accounts, successful career over one shitty experience....?

Same as Mark I heard the full story over a pint one evening and I couldent believe my ears...
Diddent know Dubh that well, I only spoke with him a handfull of times while he was over and I found in him one enthousiastic and passionate individual... I diddent have the cash to ask him to work with us, but if I did I deffo would've...
I think his treatment here was apauling and have no respect at all for the individuals responsable... Having never met these individuals I will not say anything more than that...

I suggested on the night I heard... a bit of a cheesy idea, but a Dubh benifit gig... dunno, maybe cheesy, but the guy deserves something if at least to let him know his experiance in Ireland was not a total waste...

By god the guy could snore buh...

Ian

hop said:
here lorcanzo - is dubh really quitting over bad experiences with 1 band? He worked with a few of us in various capacaties and got on with everyone (apart from that one band I know of)....it just seems a bit drastic to quit a, by all accounts, successful career over one shitty experience....?
see, thats a very good point. only dubh and the people he worked with really know the score. it does seem that one group of people in particular let him down pretty badly.

here, i'm for sending a goodie bag.
or how about:
"DUBHATHON - a benefit gig for the loveliest american on thumped"

hop said:

..it was by all accounts not just the shitty experience with one band(although from all accounts I've heard it would be enough) more that he kinda got the vibe from thumped that there was a healthy music thungum in the city where he could make some money.Sadly this was not the case.

Ian said:
I suggested on the night I heard... a bit of a cheesy idea, but a Dubh benifit gig... dunno, maybe cheesy, but the guy deserves something if at least to let him know his experiance in Ireland was not a total waste...

Not a bad idea at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back