Sideways (1 Viewer)

just saw a photo from it there, i swear one of them looks like Jim Varney, the guy who played Ernest.

uncanny.
must go see this movie, and it better live up to the hype like Napoleon Dynamite did.

I sent my mammy and her friend. apparently I'm now to choose what films she goes to see.

this is probably the worst film i've ever seen. utter shite. liadain agrees with me. i amused myself by remembering parts of aaltra.

muertos vivientes! said:
this is probably the worst film i've ever seen. utter shite. liadain agrees with me. i amused myself by remembering parts of aaltra.

you know nothing about anything - so quiet now, before I'm forced to log off.

;)

if i ever get to a stage in my life where i am amused by wine, golf and divorcees; i give you - yes, you Avernus, whoever you may actually be - full permission to end my life brutality and painfully. dressed in leather if you like.

muertos vivientes! said:
if i ever get to a stage in my life where i am amused by wine, golf and divorcees; i give you - yes, you Avernus, whoever you may actually be - full permission to end my life brutality and painfully. dressed in leather if you like.

hmmm. you know I wouldnt like to kill you or anything. the leather, maybe. but I'm no killer. certainly not in the eyes of the law.

also, wine is highly interesting - I'll get you drunk on it sometime, maybe then you'll appreciate it.

also, Paul Giamatti.

muertos vivientes! said:
i amused myself by watching the expression of utter horror on muertos vivientes's face. humour for people over the age of 35.

I loved the part where Giamatti tweaked out about Merlot:

Jack: If they want to drink Merlot, we're drinking Merlot.
Miles Raymond: No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any fucking Merlot!

I liked this movie a lot. Both of the main leads were completely unlikeable, that's what made me laugh i think. I dunno about it being humour for over 35's, i thinks maybe it's humour for people who enjoy watching other people stumbling around being lost in their own lives and being completely miserable:D

Jimmy Magee said:
Can we get a sample of the laughs/nonlaughs on offer in this thing? So's I can decide which side of the 35 divide I'm on in advance?

http://imdb.com/name/nm0316079/

Miles Raymond: Jack. This week is not about me. It's about you. I'm going to show you a good time. We're going to drink a lot of good wine, play some golf, enjoy the scenery and send you off in style.
Jack: And get your bone smooched.

classy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back