Should i or shouldn't i... (1 Viewer)

Hey guys,
for the past few months i've been bouncing around the idea of trying to learn to play the drums.
I've played a little at practice rooms when the drummer is in a forgiving mood and i can keep a straight beat and enjoyed it. I play guitar but i'm not playing with anyone at the moment so i think it could be the perfect opportunity while i have some spare time.
Basically i'm starting from scratch with a view to someday maybe joining a band.
Anybody else start at a relatively late age? Do i need a kit right away?
Any help, tips and suggestions would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
D
:)

I started well late too because my mates and I started a band and he left his drumkit in my garage for ages so I could play it every day. The thing about drums is that they are so fun that its easy to be dedicated and to play them every day.

The main problem is getting some place to play them without fucking off the everyone around you. Hence I haven't been able to play drums regularly for a couple of years now - boo!

I've always assumed its too expensive to go solo renting out a room to play in before you have a band to split the costs.

Ok,
Been doodlin away on my practice pad for a while now and was thinkin of getting something like this to start doing some proper bashin.
What's the general opinion on these? Does anyone in town sell these at this price?
Cheers,
:D

Well he is every drummers hero

tommy_lee3.jpg

(Not really hayworth, he's crap and stupid looking)

Ok,
Been doodlin away on my practice pad for a while now and was thinkin of getting something like this to start doing some proper bashin.
What's the general opinion on these? Does anyone in town sell these at this price?
Cheers,
:D

Its probably ok for starting out, but the sounds are going to be noisy and a bit lame. Not the kind of kit you could gig with really. But most likely good fun.

Theres a 2nd hand one here.

Personally I'd recommend finding somewhere that you can set up an acoustic kit for practice. You can't beat the feeling of playing real drums.

Women love drummers too.

Drummers are hot.

They rent out cymbals and snare in the rehearsal room for 6quid. Ur man also knows a few guys that'll give you lessons there. I started yesterday, just make sure you know how to put ur hi-hat together. Drumming rules!.|..|

Left eye.. right eye

i started at 19 (Nov 94) and joined a band in january the next year. You learn so much in a band, playing drums, once you have the basic beats and a sense of timing. Being in a band helps you put all these together and understand song structure. you probably know this anyway seeing as you play guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back