Shopping appreciation thread #636435 (2 Viewers)

new look is the strangest shop. it's mostly chock full of absolute tat but the odd time there is something of startling niceness. This is why I still frequent it. and the shoes are good usually.

new look is the strangest shop. it's mostly chock full of absolute tat but the odd time there is something of startling niceness. This is why I still frequent it. and the shoes are good usually.

I've never been to one, but I was working with a woman one day who was wearing the absolute deadliest dress, which she got in New Look. Classy, snazzy, understated and shockingly well-cut for a high street shop of any kind, let alone a discount one.

it's really not that cheap. It's mostly sort of somewhere between H&M and Topshop prices, and it shouldn't be. There are far, far too many gross things in there to justify a lot of the prices. Shoes are good prices (most are under 40 and a lot are leather) but I'd say they'd fucking kill you if you actually tried to walk anywhere in them. Their accessories are mostly crap as well.

I've never been to one, but I was working with a woman one day who was wearing the absolute deadliest dress, which she got in New Look. Classy, snazzy, understated and shockingly well-cut for a high street shop of any kind, let alone a discount one.

it's really not that cheap. It's mostly sort of somewhere between H&M and Topshop prices, and it shouldn't be. There are far, far too many gross things in there to justify a lot of the prices. Shoes are good prices (most are under 40 and a lot are leather) but I'd say they'd fucking kill you if you actually tried to walk anywhere in them. Their accessories are mostly crap as well.

Oooh, this is my least favourite kind of shop, the sort that has Penneys quality for triple the price.

And as much as I love shoes, I can't really justify ones that I can't walk long distances in, given my preference for foot travel in general and my need to keep my knees and hips from falling off.

new look and top shop... and heatons, suprisingly. (do you jackeens have Heatons?) i have long boney size 9's and those are the only places i can get feminine shoes.

i too have the same size nine woes, but sometimes even the topshop ones are a tight fit. that didn't stop me from buying a cute pair of purple flats in there the other day though. i didn't realise new look & heatons did size 9s. is there a heatons left in dublin?
nine west do roomy size 8s too, as do hush puppies. cinderella shoes in arnotts is to be avoided unless you want to wear ugly loafers. evans go up to size 10 i think too, though they're wider fits.

bargain-wise, i bought this in dress form from the oasis sale the other day. it's a really nice cut. yay.

yeah there's a big one in blanch, in the westend retail park.

i too have the same size nine woes, but sometimes even the topshop ones are a tight fit. that didn't stop me from buying a cute pair of purple flats in there the other day though. i didn't realise new look & heatons did size 9s. is there a heatons left in dublin?
nine west do roomy size 8s too, as do hush puppies. cinderella shoes in arnotts is to be avoided unless you want to wear ugly loafers. evans go up to size 10 i think too, though they're wider fits.

bargain-wise, i bought this in dress form from the oasis sale the other day. it's a really nice cut. yay.

I don't think there is one in dundrum, the flagship is in liffey valley and there are a couple of smaller ones in tallaght and northside. possibly others but those are the 3 I know of.

There's also a New Look in Omni Shoppooing Centre in Santry, according to my sisturd...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back