Shopping appreciation thread #636435 (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
As threatened.

What, my friends, are your latest purchases? This is a thread for bragging about bargain buys as well as non-bargain things you just had to have.

I'll go punch myself in the fucking head now. I've become everything I always hated.

*dies*

HOWEVER, I got a couple of pencil skirts for dirt cheap in Rome: two in markets for three quid apiece, and two for a tenner each in a very strange shop in Trastevere. One of them is from the early 1970s and so pre-dates spandex, which means it's cut properly and appears to have been anticipating my arrival in Rome in 2006 because it couldn't be a better fit.

I also found a beautiful 1950s silk/satin and beaded dress with a fucking pink taffeta lining that would make the baby Jesus cry. 13 quid because the zip is broken. It's the sort of thing that would be on the Prohibitively Expensive Rack at your local second hand shop, but I dug it out of a pile of totally icky crap at the Via Sannio market. It was hidden in a heap of mammoth dirndls and polyester blouses.

Also, a Romeo Gigli blouse marked down from 360 euro to 50 quid, which I still can hardly get over. The place where I bought that was an absolute wonderland. Sadly, the Marc Jacobs from the full-price section upstairs did not appear to make it to the bargain basement. Someday, perhaps.

Shopping is a thing of the past now that I'm a broke student. Summer dresses in particular are right out.

Still, I want these.

Prada.jpg

Marchesa%20Printed%20Silk%20dress.jpg

approx 40,000 beauty products. beaut.ie is bankrupting me.

also sundry other shoes, clothes and accessories, the tapes and tapes album, a sarah walters buke. this is just in the past week, I can't thinki beyond that.

also sundry other shoes, clothes and accessories, the tapes and tapes album, a sarah walters buke. this is just in the past week, I can't thinki beyond that.

But just wait until it gets a writeup somewhere and the freebies start rolling in. You'll have Creme De La Mer coming out your hoo haa.

*runs off to beaut.ie*

i kind of hate shopping for clothes and can't afford to do it, but...

a purse:

4548076358626.jpg

(in black) which fits cards in a side pocket, has a zip so i'm not fishing all my coins out of my bag all the time, and takes up about a tenth of the space of my disintegrating old wallet.

and a pencil case:

4548076868507.jpg

(in grey) which is small and lovely and stopping me from fishing around my bag for pens all the time.

both from muji. i am coming to the conclusion that buying nicely-designed versions of things i use every day does two things: (a) makes me happy even when everything else is pure suckitude; (b) stops me from losing everything because i feel guilty enough about the purchase to chase things when i leave them behind me.

buying well designed things also makes me happy. This is why I am so completely obsessed with furniture.

i kind of hate shopping for clothes and can't afford to do it, but...

a purse:

4548076358626.jpg

(in black) which fits cards in a side pocket, has a zip so i'm not fishing all my coins out of my bag all the time, and takes up about a tenth of the space of my disintegrating old wallet.

and a pencil case:

4548076868507.jpg

(in grey) which is small and lovely and stopping me from fishing around my bag for pens all the time.

both from muji. i am coming to the conclusion that buying nicely-designed versions of things i use every day does two things: (a) makes me happy even when everything else is pure suckitude; (b) stops me from losing everything because i feel guilty enough about the purchase to chase things when i leave them behind me.

Here Kirstie did you get any freebies yet?

Latest purchases - fucking work clothes. It kills me to spend money on poxy trousers and shirts for work. Also, amazing outfits for the young one featuring lots of colour, stripes and infinite cuteness.

ja, some clinique stuff. It's a bastard trying to get samples off makeup counters though - they don't do them! celtic tiger, wha?

Here Kirstie did you get any freebies yet?

Latest purchases - fucking work clothes. It kills me to spend money on poxy trousers and shirts for work. Also, amazing outfits for the young one featuring lots of colour, stripes and infinite cuteness.

yeah we have a 26" in our sitting room, got it about a year ago and it's only fabillis.
I got a 23" for my room just for watching movies and it's the best buy I have made all year. It has made me very very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back