SHOCK >> Matt Berry (Mighty Boosh/IT Crowd) 22/11/07 (1 Viewer)

I finally got the DVD last week, the extra features are fucking amazing, how they can keep a straight face during the interview part is beyond me.

"We're doing all we can but I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now"

:D:D:D

The best thing about Darkplace is it's so damn quotable!

I kept hearing Sanchez in my head saying '...but the chicken's off' last night...it was a beautiful thing.
Bonsai Superstar dragged me around M&S one day looking for pork pies, so he could say 'here, let me cut up your pork pie' but they have around 70 grams of fat in them so I passed.

The best thing about Darkplace is it's so damn quotable!

I kept hearing Sanchez in my head saying '...but the chicken's off' last night...it was a beautiful thing.
Bonsai Superstar dragged me around M&S one day looking for pork pies, so he could say 'here, let me cut up your pork pie' but they have around 70 grams of fat in them so I passed.

'Ah you've spilt. Let me get a nurse to help you out of that night dress...'

A few tracks you'll probably hear in the bar if your going.

Cornelious - Wataridori
Can - I Want More
Jape - Christopher & Anthony
Caribou- Melody day
Prince - Black Sweat
Poni Hoax - Antibodies
The Normal - Warm Leatherette
Wire - Three Girl Rhumba
Panthers - Goblin City (Holy Ghost Disco Dub)
Grace Jones - Lost Control
Mocky - Catch a Moment in Time (Ewan Pearson Mix)

Started watching Snuff Box the other day to get all jizzed/psyched/revved up about this. I love the theme tune - really nostalgic or something. Makes me think of London

Shock will be doing a free party in the Basement of South William straight after this show.

You might hear:
Prins Thomas, Holy Hail, A Certain Ratio, Spiritualized, Yello, Dondolo, Hot Chip, Padded Cell,
!!!, Men Without Hats, Roxy Music, Mouse On Mars, Gang of Four, The Emperor Machine, Still Going
Modern English, Public Image Limited, Was Not Was, Telex, Mr Flaggio, The Smiths, DMX Crew

& stuff

Sounds great!

So - roll call, who's going?

Me
Bonsai Superstar
Yurn (?)

fuck yeah! me and pissypants.

Started watching Snuff Box the other day to get all jizzed/psyched/revved up about this. I love the theme tune - really nostalgic or something. Makes me think of London

friend of mine was talking to him in Whelans last night and he said he's doing that song TWICE. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

"I pull back my skin and push forward with triumphant vigour.
If you wish to control your destiny, then you must pay the Devil.
Dare I be so bold as to take you on a personal journey?
Share my pain, my pleasure.
With me, experience the heady ecstasy of new love, as well as the aching torment of dark despair.
Feeding time at the zoo is upon us.
I have come to realise I am but already half way there.
Shall we enter?
Behind the line we are crouching motionless.
My blood now rushes through my veins like ground marble.
Like the colour of a Thames sunset, remember; all things digested have a similar hue.
So, without trepidation, I give to you: Opium.
I dream. I am a bird. Just flying, just flying"

oh, and it was so cool meeting Graham Linehan and Arthur Matthews in the lobby bar. They were both lovely, but Monsieur Linehan has to be the nicest chap in the world.

That was great, even if it was nearly ruined by those knobs up the front. I swear I nearly decked one of them. Tossers. Matt was very nice if a bit reserved, but he told me he'd put me on the list...however as I don't go into gigs and say 'can I just check there if I'm on the guest list?' I didn't know! Still, lovely of him. Didn't go up to Graham Linehan but he looked friendly! Berry's keyboardist and bassist were chatting to myself and a friend after for a few minutes and the keyboardist 'tried to lob the gob' at me as Bonsai Superstar put it. Bizarre. Maybe he got me confused for someone else?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back