Supporter
Since 2000
Website
www.thejimmycake.org
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3572378,00.html

SHINAWATRA PUTS ENTIRE CITY SQUAD UP FOR SALE

Posted 16/05/08 08:42
EmailPrintSave

Not content with getting rid of their best manager for years, Thaksin Shinawatra has reportedly put the entire Manchester City squad up for sale.

Despite having to undergo the humiliation of representing his boss on a tour to Thailand, Sven Goran Eriksson is expected to be sacked in the coming weeks, and now The Daily Express reports that Shinawatra is so unhappy with City's performances this season that he wants a wholesale clear-out at Eastlands.

The paper claims that Shinawatra wants rid of every player on City's books - including star performers and huge assets Micah Richards, Michael Johnson and Joe Hart.

Shinawatra has reportedly sent a letter to each member of the City sqaud expressing his feelings, and wants to start next season with a whole new squad to go with his new manager.

According to The Express, the latest shambolic developments have prompted a distraught City chairman John Wardle to apologise to the squad for selling the club to Shinawatra in the first place.

The former Thai prime minister won't be short of interested parties for his players. Richard Dunne is expected to move to Newcastle for around £5million, while Liverpool and Arsenal are thought to be interested in Johnson, while Hart is reportedly a target for Tottenham.

Richards would most likely command the highest fee, with Chelsea and Manchester United both apparently interested.

i'd take petrov to anfield while we're at it

and we thought hicks was bad!

AFC City of Manchester starting up soon then?

I'm glad for the City fans, who wholeheartedly welcomed this dubious character as their new overlord.

Thanks.

How did you expect them to deal with the situation?

Hire a hitman?

Kidnap his children?

Lots of people were uncomfortable with it but nobody could have foreseen this happening.

Thanks.

How did you expect them to deal with the situation?

Hire a hitman?

Kidnap his children?

Lots of people were uncomfortable with it but nobody could have foreseen this happening.

I thought they could have been stridently opposed to his takeover of the club. It wouldn't have changed anything but it would have displayed themselves in a better light.
In fairness to Man City supporters, all fanatics are the same, lusting for victory and riches and 30 million pound signings at any cost.

yeah, he 's an evil bastard and i knew all about his drugs clamp down were several thousand were killed in a few weeks and all the corruption charges before the papers reported it last summer.
also the premier league had found him fit to own a club.
i thought city fans would be strongly opposed to him taking over but only a tiny minority were and the rest thought he was great.
he hasn't got a clue and seems to see the club as something to keep his name in the news in Thailand after he was kicked out. the problem is that finishing ninth probably makes no impact over there.
a bit like Corinthians and Derby using Maxwells stolen money from the pension fund to buy players after he died, city's name will always be tainted by having him involved.

do yis know what as a life long city fan it fucking sickens me whats going on at the moment, when he came i wasn't opposed to him coming cause he was paying off our 60 million debt and promising a decent amount of money for transfers and also his money got us sven, so it was happy days for the first half, actually most of the season until this shit with sven started, and tbh its also alot to do with the media as well cause you cant believe what you read, as was proven with the whole team up for sale fiasco, i hope this shit dies down and sven stays, but one thing is certain, and that is i will still die a city fan i'll never turn my back on 'em, and also we're in the uefa cup no matter how we got there we're still there.

plus we own the city. united might be champions of england and europe.

THIS IS OUR CITY

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back