Shellac for Dublin (3 Viewers)

B for the Spree said:
yeah sorry about that

i would like to borrow that video :)
fo' shizzle... next time you're down or next time i'm up. do you like don caballero? because i have around 4 different concerts of theirs on video too.

B for the Spree said:
yeah.

well, im happy. ive never seen em, tho i've heard they're not as good these days, from people at atp and also nashville.

also: hot snakes for UK in autumn, possibly ireland next spring.

atp 2nd set was my seventh time seeing them and it was the best yet!!

B for the Spree said:
so how was Jehu? i hears froberg has this weird way of dancing out of time to the music that makes for interesting viewing.
It was great, I saw them at Phoenix in Long Marsden (I think) near Stratford in 1993. I really don't remember too much about it now, cos it was 11 years ago. Except that it was great, and I was spellbound at the time. I should have seen shellac and brick layer cake the same weekend too, which I was actually more excited about at the time, but we had to leave early because BR were striking at the time and we had to get a ferry.

hag said:
fo' shizzle... next time you're down or next time i'm up. do you like don caballero? because i have around 4 different concerts of theirs on video too.
cool, i do like don cab! esp don cab 2... repeat defender... cool!

seriously tho, i thought you were still watchin vic and bob. when i went upstairs there were still four other people downstairs.. then they were upstairs... i hate being rude (except online).

kirstie said:
It was great, I saw them at Phoenix in Long Marsden (I think) near Stratford in 1993. I really don't remember too much about it now, cos it was 11 years ago. Except that it was great, and I was spellbound at the time. I should have seen shellac and brick layer cake the same weekend too, which I was actually more excited about at the time, but we had to leave early because BR were striking at the time and we had to get a ferry.
cool :)

I've seen 'em about 7 times as well. Loved it every single time. Dont mind the naysayers ... this'll be deadly ....

one of my favourite bands for years, everyone yakking about how great they are live and me jealous, so very jealous. saw them two weeks ago. viciously disappointed.
everyone said it was a bad show for them, but still...
my buddy had never listened to them before and he said they were simultaneously (sp.?) the best and worst band he'd ever seen.

it just reminded me. NEVER have idols. they'll only break your heart...:(

this gig on nov 27 is going to be awesome. shellac are goin to be fuckin brilliant, and they're not going to be the only ones

treelo said:
it just reminded me. NEVER have idols. they'll only break your heart...:(
haha

anyway rick froberg will never break my heart. he's too pretty.
DLJ1.jpg

u:m said:
this gig on nov 27 is going to be awesome. shellac are goin to be fuckin brilliant, and they're not going to be the only ones
who else is playing? is it hot snakes?! :)

who else is playing? is it hot snakes?!

its gonna be a real special gig, hopefully.. full line up will be revealed in a few months.. unless it slips out some other way like shellac has..

u:m said:
its gonna be a real special gig, hopefully.. full line up will be revealed in a few months.. unless it slips out some other way like shellac has..
ok. if you fancy askin us to play i'll keep it quiet like. :)

you know you can't keep a secret in ireland so you may as well spill the beans now

nah, big secret. my whole life is based aeound shameful secrets, so keepin this one quiet will be no big deal

Rimbaud said:
Hot Snakes!?!?When?
I`ll find out anyway... - may as well tell us now.
nah hot snakes are hoping to be in the uk (but not ireland) in autumn... ireland hopefully next spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back