shell sink fishing boat with crew on board. (1 Viewer)

Maybe because its extraneous. If you were adrift in a dinghy and you knew your son's boat was moored up a mile away, who would you ring? IRMS?

why was it not mentioned in the original shell to sea statements then? cause it sounds suspicious?

I don't know, but I knew about it (perhaps from here or Indymedia), and I'm in no way particularly informed about the campaign, so I assumed this was just general public knowledge

soz if i stole the thunder of your 'scoop' or something

hardly a scoop, just hadn't heard it anywhere until today.

okay, found my orginal source: Byrnoes
he posted it 12th June direct from Shell to Sea website front page
http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1234168&postcount=15

Still open to questions that there might be a 'coincidence' that it was his own boat that saved him, although I would think it normal that you would contact your co-workers/son first for help.

Either way, as regards Shell to Sea obscuring this fact as you say: after puuting it on their website front page, how much more clear do you want them to be??

Once onboard the lifeboat Mr O'Donnell and Mr McDonnell sent out a distress flare. They were rescued at 4.30am by the 'Rachel Mary', another boat owned by Pat O’Donnell and operated by his son, Jonathan O’Donnell. He then rang the Gardai at around 6am to inform them of the incident.

Have you ever been to Rossport?

no. i suppose you have then? what has that got to do with anything. look, i'm all for shell to sea, but if it turns out that he sank his own boat, that is pretty fucking stupid and won't help the campaign in the slightest i would think.

also, i didnt realise the shell to sea attack on the dredgers happened at the exact same time as his boat sank. but maybe thats just coincidence too right?

also, i didnt realise the shell to sea attack on the dredgers happened at the exact same time as his boat sank. but maybe thats just coincidence too right?

I never said there was not questions to be asked about the whole thing, just pointing out that original story ALWAYS had his sons boat as picking him up.

Just because the pile-of-shit that is the Indo has only copped that now, doesn't make it news

no. i suppose you have then? what has that got to do with anything. look, i'm all for shell to sea, but if it turns out that he sank his own boat, that is pretty fucking stupid and won't help the campaign in the slightest i would think.

You're just coming across like someone with an ingrained trust of mainsteam news sources and state/affiliated bodies. If you'd spent any amount of time down there, you'd know that this kind of thing is quite plausible. Shell are flighting a "war" on multiple fronts, and one of them involves a serious amount of dirty tricks.

i do trust mainstream media more than indymedia tbh. you're right tho, the indo is completely biased the other way.

You're just coming across like someone with an ingrained trust of mainsteam news sources and state/affiliated bodies. If you'd spent any amount of time down there, you'd know that this kind of thing is quite plausible. Shell are flighting a "war" on multiple fronts, and one of them involves a serious amount of dirty tricks.

Yeah Froog, you can't possibly know what's going on untill you've sat around the campfire with the riot tourists!

yes i know its true, but one nob that used to work there doesn't prove anything about this case.

But its not one nob, I will assume you dont read newspapers so I will break it down for you.

Tibor Revesz brought Dwyer to Bolivia to meet right-wing paramilitary Eduardo Flores. Tibor and Flores were active on the far right in Hungary, where they also ran security training courses. Their gang, Szeckler legion all upped and moved to Mayo to work for irish security firm IRMS.

Revesz recruited from the IRMS staff at Rossport for his mercenary trip to Bolivia. In rossport he was a team leader and his neo-nazi website sells memorabilia from "Operation Glengad Beach" and "Solitaire Shield", which were two big enough security operations they helped to run down there. These guys were taking their role very personally.

The police are looking for Revesz now and its believe he has gone into hiding. There are other eastern europeans sought for questioning who also happen to have worked on the corrib site.

So, you see, its not one nob - shell working with IRMS literally hired an eastern european far right paramilitary gang to work for them and have not even come forward to confirm that they are not still down there. Ive written about this in mainstream newspapers, so yknow, it must be true :p

"independent media" - this tag is funny, I see what you did there but its also the name that appears on cheques from Tony O Reillys papers.

On the conspiracy around the guy being saved by his son, given the size of the area down there he was bound to be picked up by either a relative or a close friend. Its a tiny fishing community.

But its not one nob, I will assume you dont read newspapers so I will break it down for you.

Tibor Revesz brought Dwyer to Bolivia to meet right-wing paramilitary Eduardo Flores. Tibor and Flores were active on the far right in Hungary, where they also ran security training courses. Their gang, Szeckler legion all upped and moved to Mayo to work for irish security firm IRMS.

u sure about that?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/jun/10/rossport-gas-pipeline-shell

He had worked previously on the Shell site in Rossport - as had at least one of the other men with him in Bolivia, though none worked for the security firm I-RMS there.

Tibor Revesz brought Dwyer to Bolivia to meet right-wing paramilitary Eduardo Flores. Tibor and Flores were active on the far right in Hungary...
If something goes wrong at the plant,
blame the guy who can't speak English. Ah, Tibor, how many times have
you saved my butt?

I-RMS are the firm in charge of security there, they worked as security there. I think the logic flows from that really. Of course I-RMS are going to deny they took on a group of neo nazi paramilitaries.

Either way, they were working there.

I-RMS are the firm in charge of security there, they worked as security there. I think the logic flows from that really. Of course I-RMS are going to deny they took on a group of neo nazi paramilitaries.

Either way, they were working there.

wow, i'm convinced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back