shell in mayo (2 Viewers)

and dont forget 0553 as well.
seen it on the news earlier,was absolutely disgusted,gardiai are out of control carrying on like that knowing theyre being recorded and will be shown on tv,obviously shows that they dont expect any disciplinary actions from the top and then mcdowell and bertie`s speeches just reinforce that idea.
pricks,every last one of them.

mc dowell called the protests "illegal and unlawful"

So long as it's peaceful, there is no such thing as an illegal or unlawful protest. McDowell is a wanker. Always was, always will be. As for going on about Sinn Fein trying to score political points at the Gardai's expense. It's no so long ago he was doing the same thing. Something about sacking the one who told the press about his son getting the shit kicked out of him springs to mind. Among many others.

Yes, they're called cops. As far as I know throwing people over a fence into a ditch with God knows what at the bottom of it is not reasonable force.
Well said.

710 77345 = pricks

Keep this up.

They're cunts. It really is a game to them.

Finglas is usually awash with fucking scumbags running riot any night of the week. I was talking to a pig a while back and he asked me what the action was like these days. I told him I don't know as I was too scared to leave the house some nights and no one seems to be doing anything about it.

No answer to that one.

I find it immoral that we have a private company using our only police force beating people up for the sake of money.

Roll on the next election.

What's Enda Kenny's stance on the issue? He's from that (red) neck of the woods, is he not?

As I see it Ireland is not getting a cent from this gas, all profits are going to Shell. Any of us who wish to use this gas will have to pay the same price as is currently paid for the gas coming in on the interconnector from Scotland.

Multinationals own all the gas they extract from Irish waters, pay no royalties and yield a marginal rate of tax on whatever profits they declare many years after they sell the gas. Having sat on the funds in the meantime.

Don't forget that it was our very own Minister for Justice, who's presiding over this situation in Mayo, who shot down a waste incinerator plant that was due to be built in Dublin. That went through similar expert groups, planning reviews, lengthy discussions etc. Where was the proposed site?
His own fucking constituency. How convenient.

A triumph of the state over the people - again.

So long as it's peaceful, there is no such thing as an illegal or unlawful protest. McDowell is a wanker. Always was, always will be.

what i mean is that by calling it "illegal and unlawful" he is trying to feed into the general population's fear of lawlessness and is attempting to stamp a big "this is wrong because it is illegal" stamp on it. my point is that this is arbitrary, it doesn't mean shit outside of mc dowell's head unless people believe what he says. the public order act allowed pretty much any act in the public domain to be declared illegal. (you can be charged under it for not following orders given to you by a garda. so fuck what's legal.) laws aren't unbiased, naturally-occuring phenomena that are unquestionable. i mean people's legal right to go to work being cited as a justification to baton charge a group of peacefull protesters sounds completely nuts to me yet every time i hear rossport mentioned on the radio these days that's what i hear. - and that's before we even start discussing the reasons for the protest in the first place. the world's gone mad.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1104/1224258024779.html

Wednesday, November 4, 2009
AN BORD Pleanála has found that up to half of Shell’s proposed route for its controversial Corrib gas onshore pipeline in Co Mayo is “unacceptable” on safety grounds.

In a ruling yesterday, the planning board said the proposed high-pressure pipeline would be routed too close to housing in Rossport and between Glengad and Aughoose, and suggested that another route be explored.

Good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back