Shameless back on the box (1 Viewer)

I thought it was far too contrived - the Maguires moving next door when they had a much bigger place in the last season. Monica coming back, again for no real reason. Meh.

can stream all past series of shameless for free on channel 4s 40d thing brilliant, only up to season two, its deadly so far.

when exactly did this get so shit? i used to watch it infrequently a couple of years ago, and i thought it was excellent, but any time i have seen it recently its been drained of all the things that made it good. it's like some painful soap-opera now.

Watching this series has been worth it for the bit where 7 year old Liam asks Frank for some Es.
"Not til you're 12, son."

yes, last two seasons suck balls. not funny, and too much of that other family.

Agree! just caught up as far as series two, not bothered watching anymore. rapidly down hill. Shouldn't have gotten rid of Kev and V.
first two, maybe 3 series are great though.

yes, last two seasons suck balls. not funny, and too much of that other family.

Yeah, also the characters used to all be just larger than life.
Now they are just caricatures and not real characters at all.

My favourite line though "She made my life a misery when I was 14".
"We were 14, everyone's life was a fucking misery"

i still like shameless although that wacky camera zoom bullshit gets on my nerves - they don't seem to be doing that so much recently though. and debbie is an annoying little bitch, mimi's a pain in the hole, most of the characters are fairly annoying but at least that irish arsehole from angela's ashes is gone. still like it though....i assume from the high level of drama and the song and dance sequence that the last one was the season finale?

hidden text gives away ending of last episode
PS why did they decide to scatter mandy's ashes on the shannon when paddy's from belfast? and why would anyone scatter ashes on the shannon even if they were from the midlands?

It's gone totally off the rails now. It has to be the last season.

That celebrity Big brother revealed something. Tina Malone (Paddy McGuire's missus) isn't doing much acting. She is that character. ...shudder...

i must say, i'm really rather enjoying the 7th series. watched episodes 2-7 back to back today as i'd forgotten about it for a while. the storyline with karen is the standout thing although veering from well-done to over-done; the maxine story is good as well and i've only finally realised that kelly's a pretty decent replacement for veronica. the rest is still a bit slapstick (how is it the fucking maguires are meant to be highly feared criminals but come across like a cut-rate clown troupe?) but mickey has at least one great scene. liam's developing into a better character but there's still a fair bit of child-actor comedic mugging going on.

signed, Natasha Critic

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back