Sexy moments (1 Viewer)

4 minutes into Don Caballeros Haven't Lived Afro Pop when the bassline comes in.. shivers..

Also Bjorks vocal on the chorus of Birthday and when the drums come back in after the quiet middle bit in Brahminy Kite by Caribou.

also many of these moments are total accidents that are just left in.like when Kim Deal loses her voice singing "Oh!" towards the end and it just send comes out in a wail and gives you shivers.that one really sticks out as something unintentional yet makes the song infinitely better, for me anyway.

Thank you, I was trying to remember which song that was. Spine-tinglingly sexy.

There are many moments such as these in Vision Creation New Sun.

When Star kicks in. Most of Spiral. The second half of Two Circles.

for "sexy" music, in the proper sense of the word, most remarkable are luc ferrari's "unheimlich schon" which is based around the female voice and sounds like a woman heavily breathing and gasping straight into your ear during a particularly steamy sleepless night, and the hafler trio's "masturbatorium" which is constructed entirely from the sounds of female masturbation and orgasm, based on the amplified drone of a vibrator before travelling through a cathedral of undulating wetness and secretion to finally reach a literal climax of a techno-like rhythm composed from intense orgasmic moaning and huffing. superb stuff.
the sexiest song-based album i have heard is carter-tutti's "cabal", which is the most seductive, sultry and deeply immersive collection of incredibly lush music, all of which undulates in an almost vaginal way.

Nymphomatriarch is a 2003 album, resulting from a collaboration between Venetian Snares and his then-girlfriend Hecate (credited as Aaron Funk and Rachael Kozak on the release). The two breakcore artists sampled various sexual activities performed with one another while they were touring Europe, and only these samples were used to construct the album. The actual sequencing of each track took only 13 days from May 1 to May 13, 2002, and was done (along with more sample-acquisition) in Venetian Snares' hometown of Winnipeg.

For musicians who traditionally work with samples of breaks and synthesisers, the self-imposed technical constraint of only using samples of oral sex, anal sex, and vaginal sex (taken internally via microphone insertion as well as externally) forced novel improvisations in the construction of melodies and percussion. An infamous example is the spank sample used as percussion on the track Blood on the Rope.

i think i had a sexy moment listening to Baroness earlier.

the gossip, standing in the way of control [03.16] and any time her voice croaks out...
nostromo - rude awakening [1.05] gggggrrrr
meshuggah - i [1.33!!!] open mouth out come white noise!
distance - traffic [0.29] - the first gu gu gu gu gu gwah wah won

theres so many subtle changes in steve reichs music for 18 musicians its mind blowing.
favourite bit is when the clarinets come in for the 1st time.
stunning.

Definately.
Love that stereolab
les pierres, les arbres, les murs, racontent bit mentioned before .

*Joanna Newsoms " When I cut your hair, and leave the birds the trimmings
I am the happiest woman among all women"
The "Im so happy you didnt die" bit of three peaches, and certain parts of silver Jews pretty eyes and death of an heir of sorrows get me every time.
Oh and the bit in Fenneszs Caecilia where it just kind of drops out in the middle and comes back with that decending bass melody is fuckin perfect

*not sexy monents but certainly affecting

About six minutes into rock lobster by the 52's.

The end of hit cap by giddy motors when the screaming sax comes in.

I had a sexy moment today listening to palace. On viva last blues. I think it's the ninth track or something, when he screams those high notes.

Nina Simone doing to love somebody and the drums are really going off at the end. Or in revolution when the backing singers scream "IT WILL OH YES IT WILL!"

sexy.

Oh, and slint's good morning captain. "I MISS YOU".

sexy.

well... On Pulp's Hardcore, on Dishes towards the end, and there is this delicate mandolin or something, that plays this one riff, and Jarvis is just sort of begging "and aren't you happy just to be alive? Anythings possible. You've got no cross to bear tonight"

I dunno. Cheesy? Moi?

dEUS, ideal crash, a number of sexy moments. Instant street, at the end there, where he is playing that riff over and over, with the flats and sharps and every time it comes around, it gets more angry, and then it just ends up being a completely different riff. I like that.

played Bossanova by the Pixies for a first time since ages ago, full of sexy and slick guitar shit...the twang-distortion carry on on it is way underrated

also now the early belle and sebastian stuff

so uncool all this maybe but!

I saw Joey Santiago a while ago there. He's still got it, by jingo.

I saw him in Denmark, doing a guitar solo in Vamos locking his guitar in his guitar stand and using it as a percussion instrument while his friends were gathered at the drumstand laughing at it. Oh, it was the gig!

Joey looks like an action movie star

Joey looks like an action movie star

I know! What the fuck is the story there. He's a fucking roide. He came out, and... (this is a bit embarrassing) I didn't recognise him for a second.
I thought he was some roadie crumpet eye candy for the ladeez. He looks different in the flesh. With his fucking crisp white shirt, and then he walks over to the guitar stand, and then I was "ahh bollocks, that's Joey Santiago" :eek:

Morto.

I know! What the fuck is the story there. He's a fucking roide. He came out, and... (this is a bit embarrassing) I didn't recognise him for a second.
I thought he was some roadie crumpet eye candy for the ladeez. He looks different in the flesh. With his fucking crisp white shirt, and then he walks over to the guitar stand, and then I was "ahh bollocks, that's Joey Santiago" :eek:

Morto.

Haha, same applies for Grandmaster Flash. Thought he'd be some fat old dude on the brink of too much lines-induced heartattack and when this guy that looked like "Samuel L Jackson when he was actually cool" but cooler, I was thinking that this has to be "someone of his crew" but!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back