Sexual harrasment or not? (1 Viewer)

Unfortunately, teachers have a responsibility to take things like that seriously, although not as seriously as the actual incident seems to have been taken! Given half the chance we'd laugh along with you if we could, but if it came out that something like this happened again to another teacher, or something of a more serious nature happened and the teacher involved in the first instance hadnt done anything about it, it could mean serious trouble for the teacher involved. We've gotta cover our own backs too....Although we do like to have a laugh when we can. School isnt much of a party for us either!

heres sexual harrasment panda to sort it out.

PeteySexualHarassmentPanda.gif

When I was in first year in secondary school (all boys, about 30% of who were boarders, only 1 woman teacher and a genuine hotbed of sexual abuse) we had a substitute French teacher called Sophie. Sean Bennett wrote "Sophie oooh la la" on the blackboard and there was fucking uproar. I didn't even know what "ooh la la" meant, and I'm sure most of the class didn't either, most of us were only 12

<sigh>
I mostly hated school

He should say: "Oh, so are you saying that if I dropped my pants it'd be sexy? I just thought it would be funny in a smelly, skidmark kind of way. But now that you've brought up the sexy thing, well, that can only mean that you find that kind of thing sexy, miss. What does that say about you, miss? Miss? Are you into minors, miss?"

In my brothers old school, de la salle in wicklow, people were constantly sexually harassing the religon teacher. They were taunting, miming riding her when they thought she wasn't looking and other shit. It really undermines a person so much... she sued the school for 70,000 and got it.

It's all about sexual power... on that note, does anyone know any good articles on it?

Triangle girl is right, it's about power, as opposed to right or wrong. If one guy does something, it's funny and if another does it, it's harrassment. If a woman does anything, it's cool. Society's gone down the tubes in that respect, I think.

That teacher person sounds like she has personal issues and was taking it out on the smarty pants kid. He/the class was probably bored by her teaching style. I think most kids (as I recall) get into trouble out of boredom. The smarter the student, the easier it is to get bored too I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back