Sex Pistols radio interview. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1
Seem's very dated although the Male radio presenter handled it very well, only half way thru but the bit where they got the name from was hilarious, also where a caller said he heard that Chris Spedding had to fill in for Sid at times was it true and they obviously denied it but of course we now know it was true.
Also funny the amount of people that rang in just to say that they were jerks, so much hostility they created seems so odd these days now.

haha classic, female phones in and says
"How much longer is this interview gonna last?" Radio guy says why...she says "I wanna hear some music" and I don't think it was necc Sex Pistols sounds.

actually steve jones played all the bass lines on never mind the bollocks!! the chris spedding thing is another urban myth. check out the dvd for the album where jonesy goes through each song.

cheers

bitzy

actually steve jones played all the bass lines on never mind the bollocks!! the chris spedding thing is another urban myth. check out the dvd for the album where jonesy goes through each song.

cheers

bitzy
Just because he can play them that doesn't mean that he did!
I've heard more than a few times that it was Spedding, I'm not saying 100% that it was him but I'm also not 100% sure it was Jonesy.

janer...chris spedding never played on the sessions at all...it was a total myth, steve jones played them all and the intention was for sid to overdub when he came out of hospital from hi hepatitus bout, apparantly sids overdubs were so awful that they deleted them and never told him. there is a sub bass totally compressed and just a kind of woolly drone in the background on submission, thats the only bit of sid, the rest was steve and the whole sound that chris thomas developed for the album is based on the way the bass mimicked the guitar for most of it.

rumour has it glen matlock was asked to stand in for sid for the recording, but when he arrived nobody knew why he was there so he went home again!

the spedding rumour dates back to early demoes i think where he attempted to show steve jones how to play some lead guitar (i got that info from dave goodman who recorded the sessions)

Now

bow to my superior knowledge...i could do mastermind on the pistols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very informative altogether.

Eirecore...No.1 for punk trivia.

Seem's very dated although the Male radio presenter handled it very well, only half way thru but the bit where they got the name from was hilarious, also where a caller said he heard that Chris Spedding had to fill in for Sid at times was it true and they obviously denied it but of course we now know it was true.
Also funny the amount of people that rang in just to say that they were jerks, so much hostility they created seems so odd these days now.

i agree 100% with paranoid vision! and as you can actually see from your above quote ''but of course we now know it was true''! you did actually help perpetuate the spedding myth!! spedding produced 3 demos for the pistols ''pretty vacant/problems/no feelings. jonesy played the bass

cheers

bitzy

Dregin want's to know can you talk for at least a day on Striknein DC....

no but i'll do 3 days on PV at €5 / hour....its the only money I'll ever earn from the band!

(small violins available on ebay)

could throw in a half day seminar on why the clash were bandwagon jumpers, why the slits were more punk than the pistols, why adverts songs are so hard to play and how i let a deal with crass records / corpus christi slip though my grasp!

and for free I'll add in the story about going to dinner in poison girls house (veg stew...very spicey but quite nice) and getting the first listen to the test pressing of schizophrenia in lance d'boyles bedroom cos he had the best stereo out of all of the poison girls

..and im still in my twenties....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back