Serenity Screening (1 Viewer)

talkingllama

hi guys,
Just spreading the word around about this.
thanks,
Lama.

Wanna see Serenity on a big screen again? or maybe for the first time?

As most of you know there are Screenings of Serenity being held around the world to benefit Joss's favourite charity Equality Now.

In 1992, Jessica Neuwirth founded Equality Now (www.equalitynow.org) along with Navanethem Pillay and Feryal Gharahi, to address the gender disparity in the human rights movement, which had grown to dismiss violations as "cultural" or "private". Issues such as domestic violence, rape, female genital mutilation, trafficking, and reproductive rights were not part of the agendas of established human rights organizations.

Neuwirth was a student of Lee Stearns, who founded the first Amnesty International chapter run exclusively by high school students. Stearns is Joss Whedon's mother.

Whedon has been outspoken in his support of the organization and gender equality initiatives. You can hear his remarks on why equality is paramount in You Tube Clip (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cYaczoJMRhs ), where he accepts a special recognition award from Equality Now.

In picking Equality Now as the organization receiving the proceeds of the global screenings, the organizers of Can't Stop The Serenity voice their support of the work done around the world by EN.
So this year there will be one in Dublin.

Tickets are €20 and as previously stated the venue is the Cineworld on Parnell St. on 16th June. Film starts at 10.30 but I'm asking people to arrive early to accomadate the running of the raffle. The Doors open at 10 am.

There will be an after screening shindig but places are limited so when you are booking your ticket, please indicate if you will be attending the shindig. There'll be a few eats and a place to chat and meet some new browncoats.

Tickets will be charged in advance.

You can pay via Paypal. The paypal account for tickets is [email protected]Please put the name and address you'd like tickets sent to in the notes section of the payment page and mark the payment as service. If you wish to pay by cheque/postal order, Cash or Bank Transfer please email the screening address and I'll get back to you with details.

I'll also some bring tickets with me to the next shindig (28th April at The Long Stone Pub) if anyone wants to get them there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back