Septemberfest - drinkin' in the park (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
This weekend in the sun in Phoenix Park.
Hmmmm Beeeer .|..|

http://www.bordbia.ie/eventsnews/events/Pages/SeptemberFest2009.aspx

Not to be confused with the Septemberfest the lads on Eyecore are talking about! (or maybe, to be confused with...)

summerfest2009_logo.gif

For the second year running Bord Bia is presenting SeptemberFest at Farmleigh in the Phoenix Park. The event which is coordinated together with the OPW takes place over two days from 12th to 13th September. The event is open to consumers and entrance is free.

Originally conceived following discussions between Bord Bia and independent Irish craft brewers in 2008, SeptemberFest showcases a selection of independent drinks producers from the island of Ireland including beer, whiskey, cider, mead and liqueurs. Alongside the drinks on offer there is a wide variety of food for visitors to enjoy, as well as an exciting cultural programme. The OPW has organised a cultural programme to appeal to all with a variety of bands playing on both days and additional entertainment to include street entertainers and circus performers.

The backdrop of Farmleigh House is second to none and the regular Food Market will also be taking place on the grounds over the weekend.. In addition to the exciting SeptemberFest programme Farmleigh is hosting Music in the Gardens with St. Eugenes Brass Band from 2-4pm on Sunday 13th.

For the food and drinks enthusiasts there will be a series of talks taking place during SeptemberFest illustrating the importance of beers and whiskey in Irish history and detailing how they have developed over the years. Other talks will examine the perfect food pairings to match with drinks and give you tips on how best to enjoy them.
An interesting programme should entice many visitors to this free event while the enjoyable atmosphere and variety of food, drink, music and entertainment on offer will ensure that they stay.

Confirmed drinks participants:

Carlow Brewing Company
Porterhouse Brewing Company
Galway Hooker Brewing Company
Beoir Corca Dhuibhne
Cooley Distillery
Double L Cider
Franciscan Well Brewery
White Gypsy brewing company/Messrs Maguire
Hilden Brewery
Whitewater brewery
Bunratty Mead & Liqueur Co.
Coole Swan

the weather is supposed to be good for this which is great because last year the day i went it was pissing rain so the beer tent was full of awful people with their kids taking over the tables and picnicing while drinking bottles of corona.

the weather is supposed to be good for this which is great because last year the day i went it was pissing rain so the beer tent was full of awful people with their kids taking over the tables and picnicing while drinking bottles of corona.

Yeah Sunday was the pits last year. Stupid rain. Saturday was great though. Super sun.

This was a complete waste of time. Was there for over an hour and didn't get anything to eat or drink.

Even the charlatan selling a homemade psoriasis remedy had a queue of people at his stall.

This was a complete waste of time. Was there for over an hour and didn't get anything to eat or drink.

Even the charlatan selling a homemade psoriasis remedy had a queue of people at his stall.

Yeah, this was so poorly organised. I was ravenous.. ended up buying some awful tea-brack to chew on with a coffee. Beautiful day though.. so I didn't mind the long walk.

I was very impressed with the Carlow Brewing Cask offerings. The IPA and Bitter were just lovely.

That bitter was the highlight for me yesteday. The IPA was sold out by the time i visited the bar tho. Ratz.

Hop Head from Porterhouse was very tasty on such a warn summers day too.

A lovely (drunk) day.

That bitter was the highlight for me yesteday. The IPA was sold out by the time i visited the bar tho. Ratz.

Hop Head from Porterhouse was very tasty on such a warn summers day too.

A lovely (drunk) day.

It's a pity you missed the IPA, but for me it was a close second to the Bitter anyway.

sounds like us irish couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery (without a 50 minute wait + 3 drink max per transaction).

Yeah, this was so poorly organised. I was ravenous.. ended up buying some awful tea-brack to chew on with a coffee. Beautiful day though.. so I didn't mind the long walk.

In fairness, I was speaking to one of the organisers and he was saying that they were expecting about 10,000, based on last year's attendance (8,000)... and over 30,000 showed up!

Really liked the Galway Hooker and Carlow's O'Hara Stout. I also sampled some of Double L Cider, which was lovely, and I never drink cider. The queues were a drag alright, but I enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back