selling rare records (1 Viewer)

the departed

yo ive got 2 white stripes records that were valued at over 500 quid in the record collector reference guide.
is there anywhere other than ebay to sell these bad boys?
kinda need the cash for fundage.

yo ive got 2 white stripes records that were valued at over 500 quid in the record collector reference guide.
is there anywhere other than ebay to sell these bad boys?
kinda need the cash for fundage.

Is there a White Stripes message board?

Theres always Musicstack and Gemm but if it were me I'd probably go for Ebay. You could also just put all details up here with contact info. People probably google these records every day.

Is one of them the promo Vinyl of Get Behind Me Satan? I have that and it seems to have settled at the 200 quid sterling mark on Ebay. Given that it was never pressed commercially on LP I sort of hoped it would be worth a bit more than that.

yeah its the 2xlp pressing of get behind me satan. only 300 worldwide. valued at 150 sterling in record collector so 200 is pretty good for that dude.

also have the 2xlp custom sleeve of elephant. only 500 worldwide.
valued at 80 sterling.

Do get rid of them quickly though.
Once a band stops being popular or fashionable the value of their rare records goes down really quickly!

so, should i ditch my smashing pumpkins siamese singles box now or did i miss the boat on that one?

I always thought record collectors pricing to be a bit high. Also,I reckon those records have possibly peaked. With those records,i'd say around release time would have been the time to sell.

cool. yeah its hit and miss but its a damn handy thing to have. and its fairly fuckin thorough. you see i never bought the records myself for financial gain and only discovered the rarity when flicking through the record collector bible. so i think ill just put em on ebay and see what happens.
cheers.

whitestripes.net, the forum called little room or summat

Theyll buy any old shite. Ok thats unfair but, some ppl want to get the holiest of WS stuff.

Id love an old italy records record to look at i must say.

whitestripes.net, the forum called little room or summat

Theyll buy any old shite. Ok thats unfair but, some ppl want to get the holiest of WS stuff.

Id love an old italy records record to look at i must say.
cheers ill have a look at that..

eh..do YOU want to buy em??

cheers ill have a look at that..

eh..do YOU want to buy em??

No ta.. i prefer stuff that is rare by the fact that its somehting different not because its a rare version.
I did buy the WS Holgas they sold recently because they had a free super rare Rob Jones print that basically paid for the cameras.

..and the cameras are completely gorgeous, with attachments and shit, although prob worth about a tenner from china.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back