Selfish Cunt - Dublin and Cork gigs (1 Viewer)

PUSH PROMOTION

NME (anti-)darlings Selfish Cunt have been setting London alight with their incendiary shows. They have been banned from the ICA, On The Rocks, The Egg and every Barfly venue in the UK. They have sabotaged Snow Patrol's equipment. They have had their records withdrawn from a number of outlets ... and now they are coming to Dublin and Cork.

Selfish Cunt sound like the 21st century version of the Sex Pistols blended at high speed with a drum machine, like Rage Against The Machine pounding Soft Cell and they are going to rock you with tracks like Britain Is Shit, Fuck The Poor, Authority Confrontation and Bobby Brown's My Prerogative.

Fronted by Martin Tomlinson, an angry man possessed, who's performances can only be described as wild. He rants and raves and twists and shouts on stage, jerking like a gay robot programmed to destroy everything in his sight, spitting at the crowd, diving into the crowd, fighting with the crowd, fuelled by Patrick Constable's guitar riffs.

Quite rightly, they have been described as the Sex Pistols for the 21st century. The Guardian rate them as one of the top bands in the UK. They have also featured on NME's Cool List Christmas CD along with the likes of Bloc Party, The Others and Kaiser Chiefs.

Selfish Cunt play The Voodoo Lounge in Dublin on Thursday 31st March and Cork on Friday 1st April.

Tickets for the Dublin show (priced Eur 14.00 including booking fee) are available from City Discs, Road Records, Freebird Records, Sound Cellar and online at www.tickets.ie.

Utter shite.

I haven't even heard them and I know they're shite from above description.

If I was 'an angry man possessed' I'd be a little disappointed that my performances 'can only be described as wild'. In my angry, possessed way, I'd secretly hope that they could be described as mind-blowing, or fucking outrageous or magnificently horrific. Or something with a little more punch to it. I mean, if you start your day as an angry man possessed, it doesn't seem like you're putting much effort in if you only raise your performance level to 'wild'...

Joe Duffy show now

stop press

"Catholic Youth leader doesnt like the word cunt- paticularly on Womens Day"

PUSH PROMOTION said:
NME (anti-)darlings Selfish Cunt have been setting London alight with their incendiary shows. They have been banned from the ICA, On The Rocks, The Egg and every Barfly venue in the UK. They have sabotaged Snow Patrol's equipment. They have had their records withdrawn from a number of outlets ... and now they are coming to Dublin and Cork.

Selfish Cunt sound like the 21st century version of the Sex Pistols blended at high speed with a drum machine, like Rage Against The Machine pounding Soft Cell and they are going to rock you with tracks like Britain Is Shit, Fuck The Poor, Authority Confrontation and Bobby Brown's My Prerogative.

Fronted by Martin Tomlinson, an angry man possessed, who's performances can only be described as wild. He rants and raves and twists and shouts on stage, jerking like a gay robot programmed to destroy everything in his sight, spitting at the crowd, diving into the crowd, fighting with the crowd, fuelled by Patrick Constable's guitar riffs.

Quite rightly, they have been described as the Sex Pistols for the 21st century. The Guardian rate them as one of the top bands in the UK. They have also featured on NME's Cool List Christmas CD along with the likes of Bloc Party, The Others and Kaiser Chiefs.

Selfish Cunt play The Voodoo Lounge in Dublin on Thursday 31st March and Cork on Friday 1st April.

Tickets for the Dublin show (priced Eur 14.00 including booking fee) are available from City Discs, Road Records, Freebird Records, Sound Cellar and online at www.tickets.ie.

wow these guys are so kuh-razy what with their controversial name and song titles and equipment sabotage. i am going to go this and bring rotten eggs to throw at them and they can't mind cos that would be wild and kuh-razy like them and i want to be like them.

It was actually something very similiar to this:
sc%20310305%20small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back