[secret] DECADE: 2012 - 2022 (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
a long haul. wouldn't have the patience meself.

butler said:
I am taking photographs with a 35mm point-and-shoot camera from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2022. The images will not be revealed to me or the subjects until the entire decade of photographing concludes. Each year a photo editor is selected to manage the year's images. The photo editor is the only person who will preview the work.

PROCESS:
Throughout the year, I shoot pictures and take notes.
Exposed films go to an assistant who processes the film, sleeves and catalogs it, and makes redundant digital copies of the images.
The catalogued negatives (and one set of digital files) are warehoused.
The assistant provides the photo editor with my notes and a working set of digital files.
The year's photos are edited into a collection based solely on criteria established by the photo editor. The editor is free to curate the work however he or she sees fit.
The editor’s final edition must be delivered within the subsequent calendar year.
The completed edit, along with the editor’s notes and instructions, are routed back to the assistant for preparation and warehousing.
The entire edited body of work for [secret] DECADE will premiere in a gallery space according to the specifications set forth by the participating editors and curators.
I will not see any of the work until the gallery premiere.

http://butlerswebsite.com/decade

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back