Sebadoh ???!?? (1 Viewer)

Speed Racer said:
No it wasn't. Some members had to leave, were ruining the sound. We now have our own studio, are free to do what we want. You'll see. We only played 2 funk songs in that setlist too, the rest was Rock and Jazz, and it went down really well wherever we played (the booker at the Sugarclub loved us, ditto goes for Smiley at Music Room at least its somethin), you don't have a clue what kind of stuff we did, you never saw us. Anyway your band are well below par, even for Indie rubbish (I saw yiz at the Ballroom), so why do you come across all high and mighty?

Sorry in advance Egg

I said I just thought it was funny! That's a compliment!

I never even saw your band, and I'm certainly not coming across as high and mighty, and I wasn't trying to upset you, sorry!

Speed Racer said:
Anyway I was talking about these one word name that begin with S and mean fuck all to no one. Just the names. No offence.

well, i'm told. just to clear up any possible confusion/annoyance:

steer·age (P) Pronunciation Key (stîrj)
n. The act or practice of steering

;)

conor said:
well, i'm told. just to clear up any possible confusion/annoyance:

steer·age (P) Pronunciation Key (stîrj)
n. The act or practice of steering

;)

Wasn't even thinking of yours. The ones that are tryin to sound Spanish or American Indian or something. Well done tho. :p

I'm going to put my hand up and say this:

I've heard some of the Spiders stuff (ages ago) and I thought it wasn't bad. The drumming and bass were not the Mae West, which I suppose is necessary for a funk band

They're alright. And it'd be nice to see a good funk band around town. So I hope it all works out for them.

Meanwhile I've just *got* the Bible.

billygannon said:
I'm going to put my hand up and say this:

I've heard some of the Spiders stuff (ages ago) and I thought it wasn't bad. The drumming and bass were not the Mae West, which I suppose is necessary for a funk band

They're alright. And it'd be nice to see a good funk band around town. So I hope it all works out for them.

Meanwhile I've just *got* the Bible.

Eh...cheers Billy. That stuff I gave Unclealo ages ago was pretty rough, a rehearsal in a room recorded onto one mic, which I made known. We'll have loads of new stuff out soon hopefully, with tonnes of gigs.

Speed Racer said:
ages ago was pretty rough, a rehearsal in a room recorded onto one mic

oh jumping jesus fucking christ on a bike! just stop talking now!

Wilbert said:
Come on. Name names! You'd better not mean Settler! There's only 3 of us left, but it's the tough 3, so choose your words carefully!

I did earlier. I named a few. Does Settler sound like Spanish or American Indian? No. You guys should chill de fuck out. PARANOID!! For the passion of Christ. Whats yer problem Ian? you don't think its possible that a demo could be well old, and a band could go through major changes or what? like, what the fuck are you on about?

PS: shut up.

I listened to the mp3's on speedy's site ages ago and I can confirm what yer all thinking. They're shite.

enchance said:
I listened to the mp3's on speedy's site ages ago and I can confirm what yer all thinking. They're shite.

You're entitled to your opinion, although its no crticism. Shite? Where your stuff deadly dude?

hoho, unnecessarily bitchy... are you joss's sister? ;)
Pantone247 said:
what's your new name?

remember when you started posting here, and the Spiders hadn't played a gig yet, and you spent months going on about this band and being all mysterious and secretive about it and dropping hints like about mixing programming with guitars and beats and loads of stuff, and everyone would be "what's you band" "play a gig" "why are you being so mysterious you silly twat" etc, etc, etc, and it went on for ages, you banging on about how incredibly unreally deadly you's were going to be, and askign questions like, "how do you record a banjo backwards over a sampled car crash loop" or something likee that, and people we're begining to sort of get interested and wondering "hey, maybe this could be sort of big" "y'know he's making such a deal out of it, they couldn't be just another run of the millband... could they?" and then you played a gig, or put you webnsite up...

... and everyone went "oh.... so that's what all the fuss was about, another funk band"

that was pretty funny thinking back on it now...

Wilbert said:
Relax, Speedy. Only joking with you. Couldn't care less if you hate Settler or not.

....whats the story with some people on thumped? I come on sayin a type of band name starting with letter 's' and tryin to sound spanish or American Indian or whatever is popping up everywhere and they all sound similar (the names), I didn't slag their music or them personally and I'm met with a barrage of abuse, and slaggin of my music. I don't mind that too much as I only like a handful of bands in ireland, the general type of stuff thats popular here is drole shite to me.

But Jayzus maybe some people are right. Thumped is for pricks.

listen you leave samien srost out of this alright? that sag guy he's alright. we had a run in once in whelans when he thought he was more punk than me or something but then we talked about school and shit and ....

Speed Racer said:
....whats the story with some people on thumped? I come on sayin a type of band name starting with letter 's' and tryin to sound spanish or American Indian or whatever is popping up everywhere and they all sound similar (the names), I didn't slag their music or them personally and I'm met with a barrage of abuse, and slaggin of my music. I don't mind that too much as I only like a handful of bands in ireland, the general type of stuff thats popular here is drole shite to me.

But Jayzus maybe some people are right. Thumped is for pricks.

suck sff! :D
pad said:
listen you leave samien srost out of this alright? that sag guy he's alright. we had a run in once in whelans when he thought he was more punk than me or something but then we talked about school and shit and ....

hag said:
hoho, unnecessarily bitchy... you pantone's sister? ;)
Hey, i'd just love to hear some of your stuff, shitface! anyway, you can't compare what we did before to what we're doing now. our first gig thats the only one we got to soundcheck, the rest of our stuff was ruined by a knob end engineer. :( we really got fucked up the ass that night.

We'll be back with jazz and rock and r'n'b' and funk, and it'll be great.

Speed Racer said:
I don't mind that too much as I only like a handful of bands in ireland, the general type of stuff thats popular here is drole shite to me.

Yet when someone calls your music "drole shite" you get defensive. I think maybe you are someone who sets themselves up for it a little bit. If you look around here, you will see that nobody comes on bragging about how great their band is, how many songs they wrote that day, etc. but you do.

You have been around here long enough to know what kind of reaction you get.

Also, not a good idea to expect any kind of tolerance from people around here if you describe their music the way you did above and constantly bang on about how great your band is.

And don't say "bands beginning with S" as that is a bit childish. Say the name of the band whose name you don't like although I'm pretty sure no-one cares who you do or don't like.

Just relax a little speedy. We all know that you think your band is great, no need for the constant reminders.

:confused: you have heard it, you're doing a video for us right now! :) hello?
SpeedRacer said:
Hey, i'd just love to hear some of your stuff, shitface! anyway, you can't compare what we did before to what we're doing now. our first gig thats the only one we got to soundcheck, the rest of our stuff was ruined by a knob end engineer. :( we really got fucked up the ass that night.

We'll be back with jazz and rock and r'n'b' and funk, and it'll be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back