• Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

MDR

Did you get my email?
Website
www.myspace.com
Just bought 4 cd's for a tenner each in tower and amongst them is Seamonsters by the Wedding Present. I knew this album off by heart at college but haven't listened to it in about 5 years. My God it's wonderful.

It has the extra tracks (listening to 'crawl' at the moment) - didn't realise it was remastered. It's powerful stuff. Bizzaro is ten euro as well and will be the next memorex cassette version of an album I love which will be replaced by a shiny cd.

Everybody sing it:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrassneck!

that there seamonsters remastered wid de extra tracks is a flippen masterpiece... when i got bizzaro remastered i thought i hit the motherload, then seamonsters was re issued... deadly

Originally posted by Mumblin Deaf Ro
It has the extra tracks (listening to 'crawl' at the moment) - didn't realise it was remastered. It's powerful stuff. Bizzaro is ten euro as well and will be the next memorex cassette version of an album I love which will be replaced by a shiny cd.

Everybody sing it:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrassneck!

the original CD of Seamonsters pales in comparison to the sound quality of the LP in my onion

Haven't heard the new edition - I believe the bonus tracks are culled from 3Songs , Dalliance and Lovenest 12"s

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
the original CD of Seamonsters pales in comparison to the sound quality of the LP in my onion

Haven't heard the new edition - I believe the bonus tracks are culled from 3Songs , Dalliance and Lovenest 12"s

9.99 in tower nggl, yeh cant go wrong

it does just age 'n' improve with age. only posted this cos I was just listening to bizarro with the extra tracks, but sdeamonsters is the business.

Yes? High wedding present

the extra tracks are quite fun, it has that cover of 'Come up and see me (make me smile)' which rockks lots, 'Niagara', single version of Corduroy too I think.... much agreement with all that everyone's said so far. the word mighty was invented for them. and for crossword clues.

there was a 3rd one re-issued in addition to bizarro and saemonsters? was it george best? i wish they'ed do watusi.
extra tracks on bizarro are amazing. i love that one with the drum roll all the way through the song.

Originally posted by mark
there was a 3rd one re-issued in addition to bizarro and saemonsters? was it george best? i wish they'ed do watusi.
extra tracks on bizarro are amazing. i love that one with the drum roll all the way through the song.

they put out what was called George Best Plus
it was george best with tons of extra shite
dont think it was remastered though

last week the Hit Parade was reissued all remastered, 2cd with Bsides and a book...
gettin it today i think

Originally posted by mark

George Best Plus comes with b-sides from Anyone Can Make A Mistake, all tracks from Nobodys Twisting Your Arm and Why Are You Being So Reasonable Now plus the French version of the latter

the reissues are just the RCA stuff - Bizarro, Seamonsters and a new Hit Parade comp that Ian mentioned. Might be worth buying for the book.

Hit Parade 2 came with bonus LP which had Peel Session versions of all 12 singles, which was a good deal.

It was good fun getting the 7"s on the first Monday of each month. And watching TOTP.

Great days:)

George Best Plus comes with b-sides from Anyone Can Make A Mistake, all tracks from Nobodys Twisting Your Arm and Why Are You Being So Reasonable Now plus the French version of the latter

the reissues are just the RCA stuff - Bizarro, Seamonsters and a new Hit Parade comp that Ian mentioned. Might be worth buying for the book.

Hit Parade 2 came with bonus LP which had Peel Session versions of all 12 singles, which was a good deal.

It was good fun getting the 7"s on the first Monday of each month. And watching TOTP.

Great days:)

being a studenty bastared, i couldent aford the 1.99 a month, and only ended up with about 4 of the 12... i found a shit load, nearly the whole collection at the record fair in DL last month, alas the asking price was way too much...

I got the hit parade remastered earlyer today... it sounds amaaazing, especially on headphones... the really know how to remaster these babies...
oh and the book aint a book, just a reeealy long sleve with all the covers

I cant believe they deleted watusi!!!!
thats secretly my favorite weddos album

the twelve 7"s used to go for around £70 Irish up til a few years ago
Which isn't as much as you would think

I got a box for them at the Fiddler gig in 94 for £2 . Black with The Hit Parade in big letters and The Wedding Present in small letters across the front.

prick

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back