Sea Shepherd! (2 Viewers)

i thought the whole thing just sounded like good cop/bad cop, where there's certain stuff greenpeace cant do, equally there is certain stuff cybill sheperd cant do, if it had remained as one organisation it wouldnt be as potent. people are saps enough to buy that stuff about them being sworn enemies, they are all people who've worked side by side for years.

No, what I am saying that only one person killed does not make a whole huge organisation violent.

Shit, someone should have told Greece that :(

Alexandros_Grigoropoulos%272008.jpeg

i thought the whole thing just sounded like good cop/bad cop, where there's certain stuff greenpeace cant do, equally there is certain stuff cybill sheperd cant do, if it had remained as one organisation it wouldnt be as potent. people are saps enough to buy that stuff about them being sworn enemies, they are all people who've worked side by side for years.

it's a conspiracy!

i'm way in over my head here

"In February, a member of Japan's whaling fleet was killed in a ship fire following a series of confrontations with vessels from Sea Shepherd. Both Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd say that they are prepared to "chase, block, and harass" any attempts by the whaling fleet to harpoon humpbacks."

thats a bit of a different story to some lad been melted with acid in some sort of attack.
anyone anymore facts about what actually happened?? before the witch trails begin.

also greenpeace do their own thing,maybe not as hardcore as seashepard but have the people on here slagging them off been out there on boats doing shit themselves???

Indeed, Greenpeace has done a hell of a lot of good for a lot of causes, as valiant as the Sea Shepard crew are they pretty much stick with one cause. Oh and it's best not to base your understanding of any organisation on an docu-entertainment show on tv.

Indeed, Greenpeace has done a hell of a lot of good for a lot of causes, as valiant as the Sea Shepard crew are they pretty much stick with one cause. Oh and it's best not to base your understanding of any organisation on an docu-entertainment show on tv.

I based mine on this thread alone

i don't have much time for either org but suggesting that sea shepard (a one cause org) have done more for the environment/society than greenpeace is, well, wrong.

i mean, save the wales and all but there are bigger issue to tackle. !ninjaaaa

tell it to Nik!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i don't have much time for either org but suggesting that sea shepard (a one cause org) have done more for the environment/society than greenpeace is, well, wrong.

But it's silly to compare the whole of Greenpeace with Sea Shepherd that, as you say, has a specific focus. You can't really say that Greenpeace is better because it does more for the society and enviroment on issues that Sea Shepherd is not concerned due to its nature.

You would have to compare and focus on the issue of marine conservation and protection of endangered marine species. On that basis it is not wrong to state that Sea Shepherd contretely does way more than Greenpeace.

its pretty cool that being a pirate is still a viable option. trying a similar project on land would probably lead to much criticism.

It would be pretty cool indeed. But with something like Sea Shepherd on-land would be much more open to accusation of eco-terrorism.

You would have to compare and focus on the issue of marine conservation and protection of endangered marine species. On that basis it is not wrong to state that Sea Shepherd contretely does way more than Greenpeace.

I'm not sure what you mean - i was probably wrong in trying to compare them.

I went looking for evidence of success. It's hard to compare because all I can see from the sea shepard site is a list of actions whereas greenpeace list outcomes of actions.

I heard you were going to become an ice trucking crab fisherman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back