Sea Shepherd! (1 Viewer)

GUILTY!

Don't know how many people know these guys, but fucking hell they're amazing!!! Greenpeace hate them, they're like the ALF but just ocean-focused. They fuckin sink whaling ships and everything! LEGENDS. .|..| Just felt like telling someone haha.

http://www.seashepherd.org/

http://www.myspace.com/seashepherd

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Utter heroes.

Discovery channel I think it is had a few shows on them. Crazy dudes, fair play to them.

Yeah that vid above is taken from the discovery series, called Whale Wars. Haven't actually seen it yet. This video is particuarly striking aswell, fuckin horrific stuff:

I seriously can't get over what total feckin legends they are...

they melted some lad to death with acid aboard a japanese (or maybe chinese) fishing vessel which wasn't cool but i do sympathise with their plight. there was a thread about them on this ages ago i think. the documentary on them is good too.

LALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAWLALALALOWALWAOLAWoAWOALWoAWlAOWlAWLoAOWOAWOwlAOWOAW

Aye, great bunch of people for what they do. Even more impressive how they might be labelled as a bunch of troublemakers and whatnot but are actually enforcing existing legislation, as also shown in one of the videos.

Besides, they demonstrated what a bunch of whimps the Greenpeace folk are.

i think it's fair to say that they hate greenpeace more than greenpeace hate them.
greenpeace are sticking to a particular ideology that has served them well over the years - the quaker tradition of bearing witness without violence.

i think it's fair to say that they hate greenpeace more than greenpeace hate them.
greenpeace are sticking to a particular ideology that has served them well over the years - the quaker tradition of bearing witness without violence.

But at the same time, Sea Shepherd manage to obtain greater goals in a shorter space of time. I mean, look at the video, 85 whales saved in one whaling season is quite something and I am pretty sure Greenpeace never managed that much. The tactic of no 'violence' (and here there could be a debate of what can be classified as violence) means that it takes a very long time to obtain something for Greenpeace.

Well, that is only one episode. And yes, it was violent. But you can hardly say Sea Shepherd are violent basing it only on one single instance of violence.

wait, they killed a person and we're not saying they're violent???

How often do you kill people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back