Sea Dog @ Kennel District...LIMERICK (1 Viewer)

Ciarán R

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
Sea Dog || Kennel District - Underground @ Baker Place, Tait Square, Limerick
w/ Kennel District Djs || Thursday 15th February ||10pm-2am || FREE!

It was a dark and stormy night. We were standing on the deck. The ship was sinking. The captain said to me: 'Tell me a story my son'; and so I began...

This week's Kennel District at Underground @ Baker Place features the much-touted Limerick-based riff guzzling trio Sea Dog.

Made up of Ivan, Damien and Scott, two-thirds of the band are originally from the mythical lands of Kenmare, but relocated to Limerick some years ago to hone their skills as expert disco dancers. With this achieved by 2006, a decision was made to form a band, probably not with the clearest of vision. Thankfully for Sea Dog, Nintendo's Wii had yet to come on market, allowing them the necessary time to jam.

These jams resulted in a series of guitar-laden flurries that came across so catchy that you could find yourself humming them in the bathroom the whole time. While the pop sassiness of JoJo, Beyonce and Aaliyah may have been on in the background of their practice sessions, the instrumental music that came out infused the might of Thin Lizzy, The F**king Champs, some catchy grunge, metal, eighties cheese and psychedelic reverberations.

As a result, people started ringing their phones. Generally they only got the voicemail, but soon Sea Dog would start returning calls. This led to extremely well received appearances with Dublin post-rock heroes The Redneck Manifesto, Californian noisy psych outfit Comets on Fire, and drone lords Sunn O))), amongst many others. Soon, even notorious chin-strokers started to raise their fists in joy at Sea Dog shows.

In such a short space of time, Sea Dog have earned a reputation as the kind of noisy rock outfit you'd love to play at a party. They play one this week, and it's for free at Baker Place.

For more info on Sea Dog, go to www.myspace.com/deadseadogs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back