School question (1 Viewer)

Incidentally, if you're worried about networking, in my experience any benefit of a school connection evaporates within ten seconds of starting a career and after that it depends on your professional reputation among those you work with. Noone is going to waste their own money on an incompetent old school chum.

I dunno about that, all the top brass in my place are rugger buggers, from two or three specific schools. That's a sport thing, though, as much as a school thing I guess.

No, but if you know someone reasonably capable from school who's working in some field and you need some work done in that particular field, likelihood is you'll ring them up rather than searching round a bunch of people you've never met

I haven't spent that past 13 years of my life trying to outrun my past so I can joe schmoo who sat behind me in french class a break. Screw that guy!

Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?
You know what? That talk is a bunch of bullshit. One unsupported assertion after another, some shit "jokes", and one ridiculous anecdote about some buddy of his that became a world famous ballerina and then made a zillion quid as a choreographer

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back