Schnauss tonight (1 Viewer)

Did you go? What did you think?

I was at it.. more to see Mark Gardener (ex of Ride).

I thought the music was good, but the venue and to a certain extent, the sound, wasn't. Too quite for MG anyway. The crowd were at least as loud... [SIZE=-1]

Ulrich Schnauss was good for the first while, but as a friend said, it was like chocolate cake with layers of chocolate and chocolate spread on top. Great at the start, but after a while it started to sound a bit too safe.

I didn't hear much of the first guy. There was an 'everyone on stage doing one song' [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]bit at the end, [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]which was embarrassing.

Overall, 5/10 would be my verdict. Maybe 6.
[/SIZE]

No I didnt go in the end, for much the same reason as you have already stated, he can get a bit too sickly sweet after a while.
Not sure about the sugar club as a venue tbh, it's nice and all... but maybe thats the problem, I like my gigs in dingy shitholes!

Here, what was the crowd like for this. Was it packed/sold out/empty/gay/Harlem Globetrotters??

Ye packed.Overall i thought Manual was the best(he was the first act on).Now i've never heard Ride stuff so please forgive my comments-but Mark gardner was shit.No electronics just him on his guitar.Felt like i was attending a singer/songwriter gig?Yuck.

Then schnauss came on.Started well but he lost me half way through.
All very predictable.!zed

Shame as i was really looking forward to his set!

Keith
http://www.psychonavigation.com

Yeah, it was full alright. The crowd were about 10% gay.

I didn't see Manual, except for a bit of his last song, which sounded class alright. Nice laptop.

I know what you mean about Mark Gardener, and I agree about the singer songwriter feel too. He played a few old Ride songs though, and by filling in the gaps mentally, I did enjoy them. I half enjoyed his new stuff too, but it was a bit pointless. He shouldn't have complained about the crowd yapping though. If he wanted them to pay attention, he should have played louder and have the vocals higher too.

Dingy venues are the best alright. Preferably with chickenwire separating the audience and the musicians.

Does anyone remember the Fusion bar on the quays? That was such a hole, but it had a great sound. Best small gig venue I've ever been in. It was painted gloss black inside as I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back